Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So let me start off by saying this experience was not all bad, they're nice people to talk to, cool and the shop was clean --- from what I have seen. So on 11-8-17 I took my car for a tune - some may have seen it on RPM's YouTube channel its the V2 twin turbo.

Before the car hit the rollers, I spoke to Fran about what I was looking for. I did not want to kill the trans based on what I read here on the forum, of a member saying that RPM killed his friend trans (Evil V). Fran understood and he got to tuning. Once again, he was a super cool dude and moving forward, the car made a lot more HP than the other tune - that was a was super super safe tune. Steve 6L90 did the old trans tune that Fran changed while tuning my car for the dyno.

So, the car came off the dyno and I was happy with the numbers. I jump in my car for the 2 hour trip back home and the car was fine. A week later, I took the car to the track and made 1 pass, and the car was beating of the limiter on each shift. It felt very sloppy and just got worst. Then after that the car started to give me a shudder just in regular drive but in sport all was good.

I contacted Fran told him about everything and emailed him a log. He sent me a cleaned up tune for the trans so I put it in and went to the track. No beating of the limiter, but when in drive it shuddered again. So I contact him again, he tells me "bring the car down and leave it." I said "sure, no problem."

To get the car to Fran's shop, was a 2 hour drive down with 3 cans of E85 in trunk and a 2 hour drive back. 2 weeks went by and my car was not touched. I call Bill, who is Fran's bother, he answers the phone and I was calm but I explained that this is crazy for you guys to have] my car 2 weeks and [nothing has been done about] the trans tune! So I told him I am coming to get my car and once again [it's a] two hour drive there and back. Still, I am super cool about things when we spoke and winter rolled in. He said "when the weather gets better we will take the car to the track and clean it up, OK?"

I said "cool." At this point, I convince my friend, whom I consider a brother, to take his V3 in for a full build. You will see that car on their YouTube channel also. So here I am now only driving the car in sport and not D, spring time rolls in and I am calling Fran, "like hey, when can we fix this car? I asked Bill twice now 'are you going to the track?' and Bill said 'no, we're not going.'" Except when I check their YouTube channel I see videos of them at the track! SMFH . I call up Bill and now he's talking to me like I am a problem and saying he thinks that the trans may have been on its way out. I am like "What?!? It's a NEW trans from GM that I bought in 2015. This car has a clean history - hell I changed the motor oil every 1000 miles and the trans even has a cooler on it; I never see temps over 156 degrees f!"

They have seen the car and could tell that no short cuts were taken on the build! Yes, I EMAIL Fran no answer back. So last week I called up Bill and said "Whats going on - when can my car get fixed? this problem is getting worst." His answer was "I will refund you your money." LOL I said "OK, cool."

Now after all of this, I am thinking "why tell me [the transmission] was hurt? I decided to check out the transmission fluid... Yup, I apparently need a new trans, because the oil is dark.

Thanks to my Shemale secretary (random84) for cleaning up my post :cool: in my rant about this.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Easy check. Just flash the old tune back in and see what it does.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I started reading but the lack of punctuation and excessive run-ons made me stop.

·
Vendor
1,733 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,392 Posts
So let me start off by saying this experience was not all bad, [they're] nice people to talk to, cool [and the] shop [was] clean --- from what I have seen. So on 11-8-17 I took my car for a tune - some may have seen it on RPM's [YouTube] channel (its the V2 twin turbo).

Before the car hit the rollers, I spoke to Fran about what I was looking for. I did not want to kill the trans [based on what I read here on the forum], of a member saying that RPM killed his friend trans (Evil V). Fran understood and he got to tuning. Once again, [he was a] super cool dude [and] moving forward, [the] car made a lot more HP [than] the other tune - that was a was super super safe tune. Steve 6L90 did the old trans tune [that Fran changed while tuning my car for the dyno].

So, [the] car came off [the dyno and] I was happy with the numbers. I jump in my car [for the] 2 hour trip back home [and the car] was fine. A week later, I took the car to the track [and] made 1 pass, and the car was beating of the limiter [on each shift. It felt] very sloppy [and] just got worst. Then after that the car started to give me a shudder just in regular drive but in sport all was good.

contacted Fran told him about everything and email[ed] him a log. He sent me a clean[ed] up tune for the trans [so I] put it in and went to the track. No beating of the limiter, but when in drive it shudder[ed again. So I] contact him again, he tell me "bring the car down and leave it." I said "sure, [no problem]."

[To get the car to Fran's shop, was a] 2 hour drive down with 3 cans of E85 in trunk and a 2 hour drive back. 2 weeks went by and my car was not touch[ed.] I call Bill, who is Fran's bother, he answers the phone and I was calm [but I explained that] this is crazy [for]you guys [to have] my car 2 weeks and [nothing has been done about] the trans tune! So I told him I am coming to get my car [and] once again [it's a] two hour drive there and back. Still, I am super cool about things [when] we spoke and winter rolled in. He said "when the weather gets better we will take the car to the track and clean it up, OK?"

[I said] "cool." [At this point], I convince my [friend], who[m] I consider a brother, to take his V3 [in] for a full build. You will see that car [on their YouTube channel also]. So here I am now only driving the car in sport and not D, spring time roll in and I am calling [Fran], "like hey, when can we fix this car? I asked [Bill] twice now 'are you going to the track?' [and] Bill said 'no, [we're] not going.'" [Except when I check their YouTube channel I see videos of them] at the track! [Shake my fucking head.] I call up Bill and now he['s] talking to me like I am a problem and saying he think that the trans [may] have been on its way out. I am like "What?!? It's a NEW trans from GM [that I] bought in 2015. This car [has] a clean history - hell I change[d] the motor oil every 1000 miles [and the] trans [even has] a cooler on it; I never see temps over 156 [degrees fahrenheit]!"

They [have] seen the car and [could tell that] no short cuts [were taken on the build]! Yes, I EMAIL Fran [using my sweet 5th grade grammar skillz and horrible fucking syntax, but] no answer back. So last week called up Bill and said "Whats going on - when can my car get fix[ed]? this problem is getting worst." His answer [was] "I will refund you your money." [I laugh out loud!] I said "OK, cool."

Now after all of this, I am thinking "why tell me [the transmission] was hurt? [I decided to check out the transmission fluid...] Yup, I [apparently] need a [new] trans, [because the] oil is dark.

I fixed it for you.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with Fran, RPM and the transmission. I'm also sorry about the public school you went to. :(

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
Could be worse, could be a White C7 parked sideways on someones porch.

Please take 20 seconds and copy Randoms post and paste it into your OP or you won't get much response, it is a tough tough read.

·
Super Moderator
20,543 Posts
Could be worse, could be a White C7 parked sideways on someones porch.

Please take 20 seconds and copy Randoms post and paste it into your OP or you won't get much response, it is a tough tough read.
This.

I started to read it when it first popped up, then realized I was straining due to the way the OP posts, and then I got a bit pissed because I was forced to strain, then I said F it.

If you want some help, post correctly. If you talk to text, then go back and edit it.

It’s disrespectful of others time to post it like that. Sorry, but it’s the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,535 Posts
OP, Technically, were you not warned by previous threads on bad trans tunes from RPM!Yet, you went there anyways?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This.

I started to read it when it first popped up, then realized I was straining due to the way the OP posts, and then I got a bit pissed because I was forced to strain, then I said F it.

If you want some help, post correctly. If you talk to text, then go back and edit it.

It’s disrespectful of others time to post it like that. Sorry, but it’s the truth.

I understand it was a rant I was not in the mood to be correct, now I have to put out more money on something that was good

1 - 20 of 81 Posts