Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

At the mile event and the car will not go over 160mph. It cut out in 5th all 3 times regardless of limiters being removed in the tune. We tried gmlan and calibration settings with no change. Anyone know what table it may be in hptuners? Car is a 2010 a6

·
Premium Member
17,323 Posts
Hey guys,

At the mile event and the car will not go over 160mph. It cut out in 5th all 3 times regardless of limiters being removed in the tune. We tried gmlan and calibration settings with no change. Anyone know what table it may be in hptuners? Car is a 2010 a6
When you say you've removed the limits in the tune - where specifically? I think there are several places. How did it cut out? Spark, fuel, rpm? Do you know?

I'll have a quick look and see, but there are plenty of guys that know it far better than me.

No one at the TX Mile can help?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So for the last run, we disabled a lot of nannies just to get a decent run out of her and we finally got it to go above 160 mph (or 5900 in 5th). We did the following all at once and not sure which helped:

Transmission:
Stall Torqu Mgt
Enamble RPM bumped to 7000 from 2000
Disable RPM bumped to 6900 from 1800

Engine:
Default trans limit changed
Brake Torque management disabled
Fast torque use fuel cut disabled
Fast torque use spark disabled
TCS Spark Disabled
TCS Delivered DC duticycle max bumped to 100% instead of 90%
TCS via spark disabled

Any idea which one of these was the culprit?

·
Premium Member
17,323 Posts
So for the last run, we disabled a lot of nannies just to get a decent run out of her and we finally got it to go above 160 mph (or 5900 in 6th). We did the following all at once and not sure which helped:

Transmission:
Stall Torqu Mgt
Enamble RPM bumped to 7000 from 2000
Disable RPM bumped to 6900 from 1800

Engine:
Default trans limit changed
Brake Torque management disabled
Fast torque use fuel cut disabled
Fast torque use spark disabled
TCS Spark Disabled
TCS Delivered DC duticycle max bumped to 100% instead of 90%
TCS via spark disabled

Any idea which one of these was the culprit?
It's hard to say. The TCS can intervene if you've done things like run too different a tire size between front and rear. A lot depends on your setup, which can vary a lot, especially on cars with drag or mile specific parts on them. I don't know much about torque management - lots of other guys do, maybe someone will notice what might have been the issue.

I don't think I've heard of many cars having issues going above 160 - that's an ability cars have straight from the factory. So somewhere along the way, someone made the limitations WORSE with the tune instead of better...things like enable/disable speed and rpm can definitely cause trouble. If something went into disable about 7000rpm, for example, and thru the rest of the run you never dropped below the "Enable" or "Disable" rpm (such as the 1800rpm disable rpm above) then if your shift points never bring the rpms back down enough, something can trip at high speeds or rpms and never reset due to the threshold being way too low.

Short story - tuning is complex, and that's what we pay the money for, and good tuners are worth 100x what crappy ones are.

Glad you got a decent run in. Worst case is you'll have to flip these one at a time, make a run to 160mph, and narrow it down.

·
Registered
290 Posts
why did you go into 6th gear?

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
160? Were you in reverse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thats like top of 4th going to 5th.

But a bine stock cts-v only runs about 162-164 at the mile

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We would reach 160 soon after the 1/2 mile then the car would cut spark every time until re made all those changes at once for our last run. I agree tuning is complex but my tuner is very well known in the 1/4 scene and was hoping it was just something small that he missed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts