Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put the Kong 2650 on my 427. I am running a 3.0 upper and I have both a 9.55 lower and 10.0 lower pulley. The 9.55 seems to clear fine without the relocation bracket as it currently sits mocked up.

My question is for the 10.0 lower, i will obviously need the relocation bracket, but what lower idler pulley must be used?

Per Lingenfelter's website the relocation bracket should NOT be used with a 50mm idler, however, on Havoc Speed, they state when using the relocation bracket with a 3.0 upper and 10 lower, you MUST use the 50mm idler. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
I have the Lingenfelter relocation bracket and used OEM idlers (superior quality over metco), where I have gone up to a 10.5" lower on previous builds with good clearance - I still have the 10.5" lower if you want to buy it FWIW. The only issue with using 10 or 10.5" lower pulleys is getting the A/C lines out of the way - you do have to bend them / massage them out of the way for clearance and potentially secure them with zip ties to prevent interference.

I recently upgraded the upper idler pulley to Dsteck's 100mm wheel for a little better belt wrap on the upper pulley and it clears well. I have photos of my belt system in my build thread, I think around page 20-22. With my Kong, I am at a 9.5 / 3.0 and may step up to a 9.5/2.85 - but for a daily I'm already well past the limit so I'm no longer chasing numbers. :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Lingenfelter relocation bracket and used OEM idlers (superior quality over metco), where I have gone up to a 10.5" lower on previous builds with good clearance - I still have the 10.5" lower if you want to buy it FWIW. The only issue with using 10 or 10.5" lower pulleys is getting the A/C lines out of the way - you do have to bend them / massage them out of the way for clearance and potentially secure them with zip ties to prevent interference.

I recently upgraded the upper idler pulley to Dsteck's 100mm wheel for a little better belt wrap on the upper pulley and it clears well. I have photos of my belt system in my build thread, I think around page 20-22. With my Kong, I am at a 9.5 / 3.0 and may step up to a 9.5/2.85 - but for a daily I'm already well past the limit so I'm no longer chasing numbers. :D

so you don’t have to use a 50mm lower idler ? That’s where I’m confused. I dont know the size of the stock Lower idler, but I was just going off of the info havoc speed provided which states You have to run the 50 mm lower idler. And that was confusing cuz of what lingenfelter stated about not running a 50mm lower With their relocation bracket due to failure

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
Nope. OEM lower idler.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right on thank you for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts