Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to put switchback halo rings in my headlights. I only want the halo and light pipe illuminated when driving around, not the white square DRL that is by the square signal light.

Does anyone know if the DRL bulb can be disconnected without causing a dash error?

Has anyone removed their DRL's?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A search didn't reveal whether unplugging the bulbs caused an issue, but apparently there are fuses that can be pulled to turn them off.

So now I have 3 questions:

1. Can I unplug the bulbs without an error

2. Which fuses need to be pulled to turn off DRL's

3. If pulling the fuses, does it affect the light pipes or any other headlight function?

·
Registered
178 Posts
You can not unplug the DRL bulbs without getting an error. The way around it is to wire the halos to the DRL circuit, and add in a resistor that approximates the current draw of the DRLs. By light pipes, you mean the vertical illumination on the outside of the headlights? Those are on the same circuit as the aux lights, so would not be affected by anything you do with the DRLs.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I just pulled the fuse to cut off the yellowish DRL. Now the only lights that are on during the day is the vertical light bar. I can't remember what fuse it was but I want to say flip open the fuse box and look for DRL bulb. It will show you the position. I think it was a red 15 fuse.

There is a thread on here that I found and it showed me the way. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Open circuit on the DRLs will trigger a fault. But it's not a reported fault, it won't turn on the Service Now warning. It'll just be reported any time anyone pulls the trouble codes. DRLs are not mandated at either the State or Federal level, your car does not need to have them turned on, and because of that, a fault for the DRLs is informational-only. Or at least, it was the last time I checked...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll connect my halos to the drls with a resistor and pull the bulbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts