Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V. MODS ARE NOT FOR THE WEAK/ MODDED STAGE 3 AMP Advanced Modern Performance
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem that my manual Button is not responding. DO any of guys ran to this problem or have the solution on how to repair it because these people AT Chevy trying to kill my pockets and trying to see if I'm able to repair myself with take it to them ..

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V. MODS ARE NOT FOR THE WEAK/ MODDED STAGE 3 AMP Advanced Modern Performance
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do know where underneath like the area to check.. @pfram

@pfram what it mean when your tempture on a 200 dregress hot at idol and when i get on the high way driving it go down alot to about 150dgree like the motor went cold on me on a weather of 72 dregress

·
Registered
53 Posts
If I understand your question correctly, you are asking what it means if your coolant temps are 200, then once you get going it drops to 160? Means you likely have a 160degree thermostat installed.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Also, if you indeed do have a 160 thermo and you see 200 sitting at idle, I'd question the fan strategy in your tune. I'm in Florida and have a 160 thermo and never see 200 and can sit at idle all day in mid summer

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought something was wrong with the car thank god I ran into this form. You guys are genius here @pfram Do you know a good tune person in south Florida like Miami rather ? That will help figure out my car

·
Registered
53 Posts
I thought something was wrong with the car thank god I ran into this form. You guys are genius here @pfram Do you know a good tune person in south Florida like Miami rather ? That will help figure out my car
There's a few quality tuners within 4 hrs of you. I've used Jeremy at fasterproms in Clearwater for my last 5 cars with zero complaints and all smiles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's a few quality tuners within 4 hrs of you. I've used Jeremy at fasterproms in Clearwater for my last 5 cars with zero complaints and all smiles.

I'M DEFINELY GOING TO GIVE HIM A TRY THANKS BRO

·
Registered
2018 CTS-V Black Raven Carbon Package, 2017 Escalade ESV
128 Posts
You need to have a reputable shop go through your car. DO NOT USE THE DEALER. They will enjoy taking your money. Do not beat on the car until you know the tune is solid and you should have a wideband as well. It sounds like it's running rich, but these platforms are not cheap and are unforgiving to mistakes. Have someone qualified look at it.

Reactions: Karch

·
Administrator
22,660 Posts
You need to have a reputable shop go through your car. DO NOT USE THE DEALER. They will enjoy taking your money. Do not beat on the car until you know the tune is solid and you should have a wideband as well. It sounds like it's running rich, but these platforms are not cheap and are unforgiving to mistakes. Have someone qualified look at it.
^^^THIS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
form
sometimes people remove items before a sale and dont bother to retune, or it was never tuned properly to begin with
From what he said, it already sounds like he hurt the car, I'll bet it had Meth...

I really hope for your sake it didn't because you probably hurt the car beating on it...judging from your replies from another thread. Then again, you bought a modified car on auction to what is obviously you don't know much about the platform, then decided to go run it hard? Anyway, good luck, you have plenty of qualified guys in South Florida, just get ready, it aint gonna be cheap if you hurt it.

Reactions: RobF300

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
670 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
670 Posts
form
From what he said, it already sounds like he hurt the car, I'll bet it had Meth...

I really hope for your sake it didn't because you probably hurt the car beating on it...judging from your replies from another thread. Then again, you bought a modified car on auction to what is obviously you don't know much about the platform, then decided to go run it hard? Anyway, good luck, you have plenty of qualified guys in South Florida, just get ready, it aint gonna be cheap if you hurt it.
Dangerous buying any modded car, and even more dangerous buying one through an auction. Like buying home reloaded ammo from someone you don't know. Mods don't add value in resale most of the time, and this is why. If the engine's done, find 40 mph, MLK Boulevard, and a bridge abutment. Stolen & wrecked! 😂

·
Registered
128 Posts
they won't want it, they're too busy running around in Lamborghini Urus stealing catalytic converters...lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts