Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. I finally got around to doing a quad tip, valved muffler, on my vagon. I know some guys (ie. TheTinMan) have used NPP mufflers from ZL1's and got it to work. But I wanted something more exotic that sounded super aggressive. So, I was able to pick up some Akrapovic mufflers from a C6 vette (which is a valved muffler) a couple of years ago for a "decent" price. I initially had a V3 diffuser grafted on my rear bumper but it didn't come out right so just ended up cutting the OEM rear bumper to accommodate the quad tips. Now, the C6 Vette Akrapovic mufflers comes with quad 4.5" carbon tips so I was initially hesitant because I thought it might be too big but felt that it would look ok once installed. Well, it's effin huge. Almost GTRish. I'm still trying to get used to the size of the tips. But I'm loving the tone. It sounds very aggressive (YouTube Akrapovic Corvette ZR1). I also was able to route a vacuum line from the snout to the valves on the mufflers which closes the valves when not in boost. I'm hoping that when it does go into boost, there will be no vacuum and the valves will open to let the sounds of Murica all out (this is in theory as I just did the vacuum line install a couple of hours ago). In any case, I'm pleased with how everything came out. I know this mod ain't for everyone but I like it and it sounds badass. If the 4.5" tips don't grow on me, I'll downsize to some 4" tips. But I do love the genuine Akrapovic carbon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
I don't mind the quad look, not at all. The welds look good, too. Yep, this thread is worthless without a sound clip.

·
Premium Member
15,105 Posts
Very cool!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a start up. My iPhone mic isn't picking up the sound well since it's too loud. Guess the loudness was affecting the screen too. But you get the idea.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did a local shop do the welding for you? If so, which one?
Wish I could say I did it. But it was a fabricator called P2 Fabrication located in Long Beach, CA that did it for me.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I think it looks great! Nice job.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Badass! Love the look of it!
How is the sound when driving? Any droning at all?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Badass! Love the look of it!
How is the sound when driving? Any droning at all?
I haven't noticed. When the valves are open, it's just loud. But normal cruising on the fwy, I don't notice any drone.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I haven't noticed. When the valves are open, it's just loud. But normal cruising on the fwy, I don't notice any drone.

Who did the body work to fit the tips?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
P2 Fabrication cut the bumper to fit the tips

Looks classy. Much better that cut outs hanging down that you see from behind...which spoil the "clean" under body look of the car.

Reactions: Guyver08

·
Registered
219 Posts
Do you have any pics standing further back? The tips do look huge but I'm curious from further away how it all looks. I think the fact that they are black, as is your car, helps them not be so obnoxious. I definitely like that you integrated the valving. Cool/unique mod on a cool/unique car. (y)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you have any pics standing further back? The tips do look huge but I'm curious from further away how it all looks. I think the fact that they are black, as is your car, helps them not be so obnoxious. I definitely like that you integrated the valving. Cool/unique mod on a cool/unique car. (y)
Here are a couple of pics. Car is dirty af though

Result of car being too low and ginormous tips

From top angle with car washed

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah, those bad boys take up a lot of real estate on the back of that wagon. A little big for my liking but again, props for doing something different.

Reactions: 04chase

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, those bad boys take up a lot of real estate on the back of that wagon. A little big for my liking but again, props for doing something different.
Yeah it's a bit larger than what I would've wanted. But since it came with the mufflers I just stuck with it. If I can't take it anymore and doesn't grow on me, may have to get some 4" ones.

Reactions: CarCrazyRDM

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The tips are growing on me.. kinda

·
Premium Member
15,105 Posts
4" would fit the overall aesthetic better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
The tips are growing on me.. kinda

Your car your likes dislikes.

To me, reminds me of the Subarus with the big tips.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts