Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about installing electric cutouts on my 2014 CTS-V sedan. Everybody has them located behind the mufflers and was wondering can they be placed behind the cats to be louder? Will they even fit? I don't see the point in getting them for only a muffler delete sound. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I've been thinking about installing electric cutouts on my 2014 CTS-V sedan. Everybody has them located behind the mufflers and was wondering can they be placed behind the cats to be louder? Will they even fit? I don't see the point in getting them for only a muffler delete sound. Thanks in advance!
Everyone has them placed just behind rear diff, before mufflers. Same thing as after cats...in this case after secondary cats too. Not a great place right after cats IMO.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
I usually place them in the garbage/
Why is that? Ive had them on 2 different vehicles and had 0 problems with over ~3 years of use.

·
Vendor
12,884 Posts
Why is that? Ive had them on 2 different vehicles and had 0 problems with over ~3 years of use.
Not my experience. They also dont gain anything on these cars from what I have seen either, unless you have a horrible exhaust system. Have actually lost power with the open in some cases.

Now on some cars/trucks they gain power ( like a single 3” pipe after a Y pipe) until they stop working.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
They sound good with the Billy Boat system, but do have drone.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you're looking for performance, there won't be any noticeable gains from them other than the placebo effect from the sound. if you're looking for sound, they sound mean. I have them on my 12 Coupe and I leave them cracked about 1/3 opened so it's not a race car but still has a nice rumble to it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have them installed right behind the muffler and they are plenty loud on my coupe, but I also have headers w/ no cats.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Coupe

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Few pics

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts