Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find a thread dedicated to White Diamond.
What do you guys use? Is there a best clay bar, wax, coating?
As summer winds down, I'm going to try and do some paint correction. With a majority of Vs being darker colors, I was looking for products that are better for lighter cars. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
In for information, with the WDT too.

·
Banned
3 Posts
As summer winds down, I'm going to try and do some paint correction. With a majority of Vs being darker colors, I was looking for products that are better for lighter cars. Any input would be appreciated.
F-11 Topcoat.
That's all I use, that's all I need.
My 2012 CTS-V White Diamond looks like it just came out of the showroom....Every day...With NO effort!

·
Registered
118 Posts
While not having a White Diamond V, I have had a couple whites with pearl and have really liked the Chemical Guys White Light Glaze. Not sure on your paints condition and if you need to get down into a true polish or not, but the White Light could be used to get some lighter swirls and scratches out. I would recommend the following and obviously I like Chemical Guys:

in this order
wash
clay
Polish Compound or VSS (depends on paint needs)
White Light
Jet Seal
Butter Wax

·
Registered
125 Posts
Bump. Anymore white diamond tips?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do NOT use tire shine spray, any brand. Even if you let it sit for hours in 100 degree weather, use a hair dryer on it, you will still have black spin off to wipe off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,657 Posts
The wife's Audi is white as is her Tesla. Both are metallic flake paints.

The best her car ever looked was when V wagon owner and detailer Andrew Holder came by and did a full polish and detail for us. Whatever he did - that white paint gleamed.

I think he's on Facebook mainly - and he has a login here, just not sure how often he is on. If you want some good tips, he's the only guy I've ever seen to really make white metallic paint pop dramatically.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts