Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are y'all doing for car theft? Looking at getting something soon. I've been seeing a couple of facebook post of people's older V's being stolen.

·
Registered
996 Posts
What are y'all doing for car theft? Looking at getting something soon. I've been seeing a couple of facebook post of people's older V's being stolen.
Park in garage or gps tracking is about all you can do. If someone really wants it they will get it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
Manual fuel cut off with a hidden switch. Like something the cuts power to a fuel relay.
wont stop a tow truck, which is usually how they steal these cars. they get under the rear tires and take off. I usually back into spots which makes it a little harder for them. the new V has a tilt sensor that senses if the car is lifted off the ground in the front, back or sides and sets off the horn, there is also a shock sensor that's pretty sensitive as my polisher has set it off before.

V3 is harder to get in and just cut the battery wires too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wont stop a tow truck, which is usually how they steal these cars. they get under the rear tires and take off. I usually back into spots which makes it a little harder for them. the new V has a tilt sensor that senses if the car is lifted off the ground in the front, back or sides and sets off the horn, there is also a shock sensor that's pretty sensitive as my polisher has set it off before.

Damn, good stuff. I always back into every spot just because i'm used to it from parking my truck.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts

Do you think that tilt sensor would work on a V2?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts

I think this is probably the cheap version of a tilt sensor.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
If only GM wasn’t 10 years behind in their tech. My ‘04 BMW had the tilt sensor along with auto rolldown/up windows via fob and an auto tilt right hand mirror when engaging reverse.

·
Registered
154 Posts
You can roll down the windows on the V3 with the fob and you can auto tilt one or both mirrors when reversing if desired. (That said, my older BMW M3 fob also opens the sunroof which is nice on a hot day.)

If only GM wasn’t 10 years behind in their tech. My ‘04 BMW had the tilt sensor along with auto rolldown/up windows via fob and an auto tilt right hand mirror when engaging reverse.

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
You can roll down the windows on the V3 with the fob and you can auto tilt one or both mirrors when reversing if desired. (That said, my older BMW M3 fob also opens the sunroof which is nice on a hot day.)
how do you roll the windows down on it?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I've got a little dongle that plugs in to the OBD-II port on my 02Z06, made by some guys called "Top Down Tech". Barely bigger than the connector itself. It lets me roll the windows down with three presses of the unlock button on the FOB. I can also roll them up with three presses of the lock button. Does some other stuff too, like turning Reserve Accessory Power back on when I open the driver's door. So my wife can continue listening to tunes while I pump gas. This was in 2002. And all GM had to do was copy it. But no. It takes them 15 years to come up with some of the same ideas. And it's all software, doesn't even cost 'em much to implement. They just have to have the motivation to do it.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Locked, alarmed garage is the best safety.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts