Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So..while my car is in for some work...I decided to have the wheels powder coated. You will notice the car is on the lift. They had to remove the side skirts to get clearance so please ignore since it will be cleaned off and put back together.

I wanted to get the calipers done in red but they were unable to do so at the moment. The black on black look is good but I wanted something a little different so I chose this color. Tell me what you think, more pics when I have the car.

DSC01039.jpg DSC01040.jpg DSC01041.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
They look good. I like silver calipers against dark wheels. I thought I wanted yellow calipers until I mounted my HyperBlack wheels. I realized how good silver looks behind dark wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Ill see how it grows on me with the silver calipers. I plan on lowering the car soon as well to decrease the gap but debating on which springs still. I'm thinking of powder coating my W4M intake in the same color.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not pictures of the wheels, but together I'm sure they're gonna set off. Here's a teaser pic :).When the car is done she's going to be leaving prints all over it :eek:

389134_10150477418930917_502470916_10553897_719921172_n.jpg 392851_10150477418790917_502470916_10553896_1320760409_n.jpg

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looks good man!!

·
Honey Badger in Rehab
2,139 Posts
I've been contemplating doing this for a year with ZR1 blue, red or yellow calipers. I think if I did I'd do black raven and hit all the chrome trim pieces too except the crests. Last members car I saw with the black rims didn't look right to me in the pics so I'm on the fence.

Please post pics of wheels and handprints when available....

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please post pics of wheels and handprints when available....
Haha sure nuff. Looks like Ill be getting the car back next week so I'll arrange that. I am really debating on paingt the grill and other chrome pieces black. With time, Ill be able to figure out what combo pleases me.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the car back...here are some quick iphone pics......

Coated Wheels.jpg

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Looks good!

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I'm confused by the color, Manny. Is it flat black, or a dark gunmetal? It looks great! Considering power coat for my wheels.

·
Premium Member
13,117 Posts
I think this is similar to what I have on my summer wheels, like a midnight silver, told him close to what the srt's have

in certain lighting it ALMOST looks like black chrome

·
Registered
228 Posts
That is nice with the silver calibers don't change them

·
Registered
176 Posts
mini_me looks great! agreed with silver caliper color. it looks nice, and im currently redoing mine to red, but if i had your wheel color i wouldnt bother with messing with it. a lot of work.
what tires are you runing? they look like a thinner profile.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Thanks, Rob. Looks very close. At first I thought maybe they were closer to the Graphite color.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts