Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings ya’ll!
I’m looking to pick up a v3 this weekend and I’m currently looking at one that has been modified slightly. It’s a 2017 White, has the CF package, recaro seats, PDR, Sunroof, and the mods are headers, upper and lower pulley, intake, and tune. The car has 53k and the Carfax looks like it’s a one owner car (Arizona from Jan 17- Jan 20 so probably a leasefor one and then it looks like from April of 2020 until now it’s bounced around to a few different dealers between Fort Collins, CO and Texas. It has only had 3k miles added since Apr 2020 so I’m a little leery as to why it’s bounced around to a few dealers? also Carfax show minor rear damage one month after initial purchase. Dealer has it listed for 66k but it books at 63k IIRC.
My first question was do you think it’s worth it or should I hold off? I’m Going to test drive tomorrow so I’ll inquire about the tuner, what pulleys and headers are on it. For reference the VIN is: 1G6A15S69H0158142

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've bought a few modified cars but I enjoy modding so much that I'd rather do myself.. it's hard to find a car that is original and not put back to stock but I always try and have pre purchase inspections or CPO/warranty back my purchase up. But again this is me, I'm sure that car is fine. Feel the dealer out and if they say it has mods that add value that's the opposite. They didn't pay for the mods lol. If anything it lost value.

I looked for awhile before I found one I jumped in on.

Good luck buddy

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
those are bolt on mods, so easy to reverse if needed. I definitely wouldn't pay extra for those, but I wouldn't consider it a negative if you like the mods. I stay away from anything with mods that opened up the engine, like cam swaps unless you know and trust the installer.

I got lucky with mine last year, it still had the original tires on it from 2016 with 50% tread left @18k miles. Proves it was not driven hard AT ALL.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
516 Posts
$63k for a loaded 2017 with 53k mi on it?!? Holy crap, prices are rocketing! Good thing the V-Blackwing is so effin' ugly, it's keepin' V3 prices UP!

Btw, minor rear damage in these cars means the diffuser was cracked, or something stupid like that. All the CF crap is like $5k to replace. My car itself now lists on carfax with "minor damage to the front end"...I hit a retread, and it wiped out my lower grille, left front air intake, and splitter. Cosmetic horseshit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree 100%. Love the trans options but man that thing is ugly. I have been watching prices as I bought my v3 in September of 2020 and I could make some money on it now but I love the car lol.

It has a few quirks but overall it gets the nod and thumbs up quite often and is a real dual personality car. Even stock .

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you purchase it make sure you get it to a reputable tuner ASAP if you dont know where it came from or where it was tuned. Def worth the few hundred dollars for peace of mind

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies! I just drove the car this morning and it drives exactly how a 640+hp car should lol! Some quick concerns though. It looks like the previous owner went into the supercharger I’m assuming a ported snout. Also I don’t have any details on the tune. The belly pan looked to have a little evidence of residual oil possibly from oil change but the block itself and heads looked clean. The PO changed the exhaust so it’s very very loud but the axle back factory mufflers are still in place so maybe it just needs a good resonator. The current exhaust rattles a little on the highway. Outside of that it’s a great car. Dealer won’t budge on the price at 66.5 though.

·
Super Moderator
21,719 Posts
In this market, anyone with used inventory is sitting on gold, if it’s priced right, it will sell quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
If it were me I'd pass. But I have my own reasons stated above. I hate paying for other people's work regardless of how well it is done or not done.

·
Registered
114 Posts
All used car values are super inflated right now. Especially specialty cars, sports cars and the like.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So quick re-attack on this. I got the dealer to come down a bit on the price and he agreed to fix the exhaust and throw in a custom tune at a local shop here. Thanks for all the tips here, now it’s time to dig through all the great info on this board.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congrats. The car is simply awesome. You’re gonna love it. Plus is pretty rare car these days. You don’t see alot running around at all. People will come up to you and ask you about it and stuff. It’s cool.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Btw, minor rear damage in these cars means the diffuser was cracked, or something stupid like that. All the CF crap is like $5k to replace. My car itself now lists on carfax with "minor damage to the front end"...I hit a retread, and it wiped out my lower grille, left front air intake, and splitter. Cosmetic horseshit.
100% right. I had 300 miles on my 2019 when I got lightly rear ended sitting at a light. Cracked the splitter, rear bumper cover tore a bit cost the other person's insurance over $7k.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I think about buying a used car, I always use free vin check to be sure of its technical condition and to find out its history. Since you know the vin number, you can also check the car on the website to be sure of your choice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts