Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
13,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think one of my pads has cracked or something has happened with the hardware
Ill be taking the wheel off tomorrow to swap over to all seasons anyhow but if its something with the pads how
bad you think it would be to just change the pads on that wheel and then in the spring change the rotors?

I have new rotors on my shelf but I would rather not have rotors sitting basically outside not being driven all winter if I didnt have to
I doubt I would put more than a hundred or 2 miles on the car from now until spring

· Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I don't see a problem with that.

Reactions: RobF300

· Administrator
22,660 Posts
You probably won’t see a problem changing pads.

Maybe scuff the rotors with 200-400 grit emory cloth and try to do a bedding procedure to get the new compound onto the rotor surfaces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
13,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if it is pads im just doing that side, ill do both rotors and and the other side in the spring.
if its hardware I dont have any of those. just weird how its making a grinding sound when the car moves and doesnt change when brakes are applied

· Registered
1,613 Posts
If It’s hardware, I have some new pad retainers and used pins I’ll send you.

I have a another new complete set so these are spares.

Reactions: RobF300

· Premium Member
13,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to move the car into my shop so I could be inside for today or tomorrow. when I heard the noise I jacked the car up right away and spun the wheel.
I ordered a new hardware kit yesterday so that’s on its way to me but thanks for the offer Mike.

I already had pads and 2 piece rotors in stock for a few years now.
of course I was going to change them both out at same time when needing one or the other

not crazy about the wear on the rotors, quite a groove around the outer edge of both sides. Don’t know if that’s normal but I def didn’t see it on my 2011 sedan With the 1 piece rotors.

· Premium Member
13,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
never mind all this, just took it apart and I think its a wheel bearing, nothing to do with the brakes
I just had brakes in my head because the car sits around and maybe something had corroded or rusted

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.