Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anybody had this issue with a ported LS7 goldblade? Car makes 16.5lbs of boost and was slamming shut at the top of the gear and either making the car noticeably bog or go into reduced power.

Put a stock TB back on and pulls like a freight train

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
So has anybody had this issue with a ported LS7 goldblade? Car makes 16.5lbs of boost and was slamming shut at the top of the gear and either making the car noticeably bog or go into reduced power.

Yes, disconnected battery reconnected and was fine.

·
Registered
147 Posts

I have seen a ported 90mm gold blade slam on a friends ZL1 with a 416 heartbeat blower. I’m not sure what boost his car was running at. My car has a 396 with heartbeat blower, I run an unported LS2 90mm silver blade and have never had an issue with it.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not everyone ports them properly and resets the blade correctly when they do them.
Are these TBs capable of working properly with boost? I haven't seen anybody say they have the slamming issues like the earlier 102s did.

Would a rebuild of the motor and reassembly help?

·
Vendor
12,882 Posts
Are these TBs capable of working properly with boost? I haven't seen anybody say they have the slamming issues like the earlier 102s did.

Would a rebuild of the motor and reassembly help?
I wasn't talking about a 102. There is nothing to port there. The Boosted version of the NW 102 works well and has not given me issues at all

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wasn't talking about a 102. There is nothing to port there. The Boosted version of the NW 102 works well and has not given me issues at all
Sorry i wasn't clear, i was referring to the ported LS7 tbs working properly with higher boost levels. Im wondering if its just a fluke since i havent seen this issue before. Ive seen people run ported LS7 TBs with upwards of 750hp in V2s. id prefer to either fix mine or get another option. Just don't want to run a stock TB i guess

·
Vendor
12,882 Posts
Sorry i wasn't clear, i was referring to the ported LS7 tbs working properly with higher boost levels. Im wondering if its just a fluke since i havent seen this issue before. Ive seen people run ported LS7 TBs with upwards of 750hp in V2s. id prefer to either fix mine or get another option. Just don't want to run a stock TB i guess
If I run an LS7 I just leave it stock or beyond that step up to a 102. I have made 750+ with a stock TB as well.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So here's a question, does an unported LS7 goldblade still have these issues? What about a stock LSA ported TB?

If an un-ported LS7 goldblade has no issues ill just swap to that since i believe the un-ported LS7 will out flow a stock ported TB.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I think I experienced this for the first time the other week when I was doing some WOT stuff.. In 4th gear and boost just dropped to 2-3? I have a Mamo ported unit. Guess I know what to look for..

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I experienced this for the first time the other week when I was doing some WOT stuff.. In 4th gear and boost just dropped to 2-3? I have a Mamo ported unit. Guess I know what to look for..
stock LSA or LS7?

·
Registered
374 Posts
i experienced it on my car when i had the blower ported. at wide open throttle on the drag strip at 100 mph you could see the actual throttle position start changing then all the sudden the computer would close the throttle and i would get a reduced power message.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i experienced it on my car when i had the blower ported. at wide open throttle on the drag strip at 100 mph you could see the actual throttle position start changing then all the sudden the computer would close the throttle and i would get a reduced power message.
Yep same thing here, what did you do to fix it?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
stock LSA or LS7?
90mm So LS7 Mamo ported.. I'll mess with it once I get it running again.. least of my concerns at this time, but I'm glad to see this post, because I was thinking SC blade/solenoid.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So im hearing mixed things on the gold vs silver TBs with boost.

Are the silver blades are forsure fix for the slamming/TPS issues?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts