Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The noise sounds like its coming from the drivers side rear wheel. I did some searching and fount a TSB 09-04-95-001D that talks about adding a washer to the rear CV shafts, but I have not found a clear discription on where this goes? The part number for the washer shows its just a GM axle nut washer that goes under the axle nut but that makes little sense ion how that would fix this, there is already one there. Are they talking amount using this as a shim on the other side of the hub space the axle away from the hub? Has anybody preformed this TSB?

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
The noise sounds like its coming from the drivers side rear wheel. I did some searching and fount a TSB 09-04-95-001D that talks about adding a washer to the rear CV shafts, but I have not found a clear discription on where this goes? The part number for the washer shows its just a GM axle nut washer that goes under the axle nut but that makes little sense ion how that would fix this, there is already one there. Are they talking amount using this as a shim on the other side of the hub space the axle away from the hub? Has anybody preformed this TSB?

Thanks
I have almost the same thing, mine is more like a metallic click upon acceleration. Bought the new nuts and washers from the dealership but haven't competed the install yet since its a pita. If you figure out an easy way to do this let me know. here's a few pics of where the washer goes

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have almost the same thing, mine is more like a metallic click upon acceleration. Bought the new nuts and washers from the dealership but haven't competed the install yet since its a pita. If you figure out an easy way to do this let me know. here's a few pics of where the washer goes

I got the bolts and washers, for you where the washers just those thin blue shim looking things? they don't look like "washers" to me, more of just a coated shim. Part #11611965

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got the bolts and washers, for you where the washers just those thin blue shim looking things? they don't look like "washers" to me, more of just a coated shim. Part #11611965
Yes their the blue looking shims

·
Registered
31 Posts
did you find an easy way to get those shims on?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts