Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of the after market entertainment/audio/information systems use the popup screen? Maybe I'm odd, but I like it the way it raises up.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Nope.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn.

I'd pay premium to Cadillac if they provided an upgraded system that used the existing bones.

Same thing for upgraded fuel management system that would "turn off" cylinders while cruising on the highway.

Reactions: bi-polar_with_cars

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Damn.

I'd pay premium to Cadillac if they provided an upgraded system that used the existing bones.

Same thing for upgraded fuel management system that would "turn off" cylinders while cruising on the highway.
Activate displacement is more involved then just turning off the fuel.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
If one was concerned about mileage...one bought the wrong damn car.

DoD/AFM on my 08 GP GXP with the LS4 was worth 1mpg give or take. Hardly worth the oil consumption and lifter failures.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Exactly.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Activate displacement is more involved then just turning off the fuel.
I know. I can dream.

If one was concerned about mileage...one bought the wrong damn car.

DoD/AFM on my 08 GP GXP with the LS4 was worth 1mpg give or take. Hardly worth the oil consumption and lifter failures.
I didn't. It's just driving from just St. Pete to Miami, I would like to not be looking for stations because of the shit range with a peanut 16 gallon tank. 16 is fine for the base/and premiums with a 6 banger giving or a 350 mile range.

Reactions: bi-polar_with_cars

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I'm confused. Do the coupes have smaller tanks?

·
Super Moderator
16,982 Posts
Damn.

It’s available. 2016+ CTSV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ASteggall

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
3,170 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
It's really too bad that nobody does make an upgraded pop-up option, but I do understand why they don't.

I really want to use one of the Parrot Android radios with the screen that can be repositioned (thus making it easier to extend) and using it to replace the factory screen and head unit, but keeping the pop up part. There are A LOT of issues that go into doing something like that but it seemed like a fun project.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Incorrect. All V2 configurations are 18 us gallons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is crazy, maybe my fuel gauge is off or something because when my low fuel indicator comes on I can fill up with like 15 gallons and if I go all the way down to what looks like im running on fumes and fill up it is just a bit over 16 gallons...so you are saying I have 2 gallons of reserve once it looks like I am completely out of fuel and the estimated range on the computer is 0?

Good to know if that is true. I have thought I was about to run out of gas like 10 times already.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is crazy, maybe my fuel gauge is off or something because when my low fuel indicator comes on I can fill up with like 15 gallons and if I go all the way down to what looks like im running on fumes and fill up it is just a bit over 16 gallons...so you are saying I have 2 gallons of reserve once it looks like I am completely out of fuel and the estimated range on the computer is 0?

Good to know if that is true. I have thought I was about to run out of gas like 10 times already.
Exactly..

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Someone just dropped this post and ran...
http://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/11-interior-upgrades/136441-i-m-just-going-leave-right-here-camera-info.html

Although I'm not sure if additional camera's is what you were looking for.
Would that display additional cameras on the factory screen? Would be kind of nice, my friends new Honda civic has cameras on the wing mirrors that automatically turn on when you put your blinker on and its actually pretty handy.
Probably the biggest problem with the V's system is the lack of screen resolution/ color so I doubt this would really fix anything.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts