Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Related to my other thread where I’m asking about vinyl car wrap costs. I’m separating the topics to focus on aesthetic opinions.

This post: I’ve picked 3M satin dark grey and am going to black out only the front grills and window trim. I’m keeping chrome badges and rear lettering, but I’m hung up only on the chrome trunk trim.

Considering my choices outlined above, would you keep it chrome, black it out, or something that just came to mind that I haven’t seen anyone do, color match it?

I’m leaning toward black to have some balance with the front, but why does it need to stand out at all? The badges and lettering do plenty. What are all of your thoughts? And keep in mind, I am taking this into consideration to make my final decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2011 cts v coupe
526 Posts
Black

· Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
675 Posts
Related to my other thread where I’m asking about vinyl car wrap costs. I’m separating the topics to focus on aesthetic opinions.

This post: I’ve picked 3M satin dark grey and am going to black out only the front grills and window trim. I’m keeping chrome badges and rear lettering, but I’m hung up only on the chrome trunk trim.

Considering my choices outlined above, would you keep it chrome, black it out, or something that just came to mind that I haven’t seen anyone do, color match it?

I’m leaning toward black to have some balance with the front, but why does it need to stand out at all? The badges and lettering do plenty. What are all of your thoughts? And keep in mind, I am taking this into consideration to make my final decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personal opinion, black parts with the cf package look bad. My trunk applique is color-matched crystal white tricoat. Also had a carbon fiber looking, hydro-dipped one, but liked this option better. All my window "belt-line mouldings" are black painted, and the window bezels (over the top of doors) I ordered new in black from gm using the pedestal edition code for it.

Look into Deep Blue Chrome for hydro-dipping. They did all my badging in CF, AND kept the colored parts in the emblems. Color-matched my fender vents, too
Car Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Motor vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Grille

Eye Hood Human body Bumper Rectangle

Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Tire Car Automotive lighting

Reactions: chalizmo
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.