Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is finally going in to get some work done. Installing :

2.55 upper kit/ 160 thermostat
1050x injectors
Mamo ls7 tb
100mm idler

my question is do you think I would benefit from doing ngk tr7ix’s and msd wires? Or is it unnecessary? Is stock stuff fine? Thanks

·
Registered
868 Posts
I would say the stock stuff is adequate, but who likes just adequate? I will say ordering the heat socks for msd wires is pretty much a must, at least with headers.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Accel 9070c. They work well.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The colder plugs are for keeping your cylinder temps down, without knowing the EGTs and stuff it’s hard to say. Depends on the climate and abuse expected on the car probably. The wires are hardly necessary with that setup but would ensure you didn’t cut any corners :)
Personally going 2.45 upper only with colder plugs and wires, YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Live in the northeast, car is never abused, a few good spirited pulls on the highway from time to time. Weekend car

·
Super Moderator
21,515 Posts
Congrats.

Mine lasted 2 years and 3k miles. Went from 50 ohms new to 3k+.

Found out many other people got same results.

They suck. At least that’s my feeling, and others.

Taylor or Accel or stock.

Or just get a Tesla and be done with all this, I hear that’s what all the cool peeps are doing.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have no idea, I’ve run them in classics. Only thing I read in a few threads were that they were really sensitive with the heat. I will eventually be doing long tubes. Seems that the accels are more popular. This is my first ls so I’m open to all suggestions

·
Premium Member
17,428 Posts
I agreed, lost a few MSD wires to high resistance all of a sudden.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hmm interesting. I've had a set on my c5 with long tubes (with heat socks on them) for about 12k miles over maybe 5 or 6 years. Same on my ls3 TBSS with probably 8k on them. Just put them on the caddy last season so no real miles yet, are you guys running socks and bending the ends well so they don't get to close to the headers?

·
Premium Member
17,428 Posts
Hmm interesting. I've had a set on my c5 with long tubes (with heat socks on them) for about 12k miles over maybe 5 or 6 years. Same on my ls3 TBSS with probably 8k on them. Just put them on the caddy last season so no real miles yet, are you guys running socks and bending the ends well so they don't get to close to the headers?
Yep, ran socks and fully adjusted for plenty of clearance, boom on day 2400 ohms and another was over 1000 ohms, others were still under 50 ohms.

Flaky.

Reactions: 2advanced

·
Premium Member
17,428 Posts
Welp, that sucks. Guess if I develop a misfire I'll know where to start lol.
You may be fine. But yeah, at least you know where to look despite the wires looking good.

I was surprised too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts