Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only seen pics of one other person dipping their grille off of the car (removed from the front bumper) without fully removing the front bumper to access the upper + lower grille pieces,

Anyone have a DIY for this?

·
Vendor
2,021 Posts
Initially I had intended on doing the same thing and removing both grilles to plasti-dip them off of the car. For the time it would of took to remove both grilles, it was easier and quicker for me to just mask off the front end and spray them with cardboard/paper behind the grille to prevent overspray from reaching the HX, etc.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Top grill is actually pretty simple to remove . The lower wpuld be more of a pain to remove. If you were doing both I'd either mask off car and do them or just pull front bumper which is very simple.

·
Registered
977 Posts
It really was so simple to stuff some paper behind the grills, and to mask off the rest of the front end, to plastidip them. I really see no reason to go to all the effort to remove them.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Initially I had intended on doing the same thing and removing both grilles to plasti-dip them off of the car. For the time it would of took to remove both grilles, it was easier and quicker for me to just mask off the front end and spray them with cardboard/paper behind the grille to prevent overspray from reaching the HX, etc.
This is what I did. I masked the hood and rest of the front bumper with 3 mil painters plastic, then cut cardboard strips to maneuver down between the grille/bumper and the heat exchanger. Last thing you want is plasti-dip building up on your radiator and HX.

·
Super Moderator
17,344 Posts
It takes 10 minutes to remove front bumper and 5 min to Pop out both grills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
977 Posts

seen people report an hour. either way i see no point (or conversely no harm) in removing it. if you do any other trim on the car, you're not removing that and it comes out just fine.

·
Super Moderator
17,344 Posts
seen people report an hour. either way i see no point (or conversely no harm) in removing it. if you do any other trim on the car, you're not removing that and it comes out just fine.
I just reported 10 min lol

·
Registered
977 Posts

You would spend more time masking than doing this^
not really. i got the rolls of brown painter paper so that covers everything beyond the masking line and as to the masking line itself, remember you're masking lines don't need to be clean since they are 1 inch away from the real edge of the plastidip -- so that doesn't need to be precise either. I just did my whole vagon last week so my memory is pretty fresh on all this. the worst is the side window trim but even that isn't so bad

·
Registered
607 Posts

Like this....

2011 V Sedan 6MT matte grey metallic.
654 rwhp 630 rwtq

·
Super Moderator
17,344 Posts
Once you do it once, you would see how simple it really is

1 - 13 of 13 Posts