Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
How is treadwear and rain performance? It rains so much in Atlanta that aspect is important for me.
The PS4S is really good in rain IME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rain drive slow you’re not going to get a great dry traction tire that works great in the rain too. But with almost 700 to the wheels it hooks. And I’ve only had them on for about 2 months now so don’t know on treadwear

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
We get a lot of rain to...can almost set your watch by the Summer pop up storms that roll in around 5-6pm from the East and move West toward the coast of Florida.

I found the AS3s were better in the rain at a higher speed, when raining, than my PS4s (which are "okay")...but the AS3s couldn't hold the power any other time.
Yeah there are def better tires in rain than ps4s but they are super good for how well they work in the dry.
My Kumho PS91 are as good as PSS in the dry but noticeably worse in the rain (but they are cheap so good budget tire).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I always liked my AS3s on my regular CTS, but I live in Florida so AS tires are out on my Vs'

·
Registered
813 Posts
There is certainly tire to tire variation especially among the different companies. The RE11s have a very squared off shoulder compared to a Michelin from my observations. So the RE11 was wider where it matters, both as far as rubbing concerns go and contact patch. If a 295 RE11 fit on a lowered wagon I don't think I'd have any concern about putting any 295 on a wagon.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just put 285/35/19 PS4S's on my wagon. Only had to wait about a week so availability must be getting better.
Out of curiosity- why did you decide to go with 285 35 vs 295 30?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
285 PS4 on my wagon as well. I'm sure a 295 would fit, but the 285 looks like it's the appropriate size for the wheel. The sidewall is pretty vertical, as it should be, rather than stretched or pinched.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts