Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reviewed as many Pilot Sport 4S threads as I could and still confused. The 285/35/19 OEM size seems to be on back order for months, what size are people replacing their rear tires with, I prefer to stick with latest Michelin tire tech (unless the new goodyears are in favor). Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I have the 295s on my Coupe.... I HAD to move up from the 285s and I was using AS3s for the rain.

I can tell the difference in the rain between the PS4s and AS3s but it was worth it because the AS3s couldn't handle the 640whp.

Reactions: subaru335i

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the 295s on my Coupe.... I HAD to move up from the 285s and I was using AS3s for the rain.

I can tell the difference in the rain between the PS4s and AS3s but it was worth it because the AS3s couldn't handle the 640whp.
Thanks. Coupe/sedans have different size rear stock rims though right?.

Dealer tried to sell me the AS3s and I have no interest in those. I am pretty set on PS4s just figuring out what is ideal size since 285s seem very hard to source.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Thanks. Coupe/sedans have different size rear stock rims though right?.

Dealer tried to sell me the AS3s and I have no interest in those. I am pretty set on PS4s just figuring out what is ideal size since 285s seem very hard to source.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yes we do. You'll love the PS4. I got them from Tire Rack because my local tire guy couldn't get them.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Sedans and wagons share samectires/rims. Coupes are unique to themselves

·
Registered
3,836 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tire Sizes

Old thread but informative.
Thanks, tirerack chart for pilot sport 4S shows 295s require 10" wheel so I presume no go and I need to stick to the 285s so I guess I will order and wait...I was hoping someone has gone with the 295s on the 9.5" rims and could confirm it was OK.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am running 295's on the rear of a wagon but they are Continental tires, not sure if Michelin PS4 would also fit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’m on my second set of 4S’s on my sedan 285’s in the rear, hands down best daily drivable performance tire.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
I've run 295s in the back when I had my 09 sedan--and as has been posted, the wheel/tire sizes are the same for sedan and wagon. They happened to be Bridgestone RE-11's, which were the second-best tires I've run on the V. The best, by far, have been the PS4's (also ran PS2's and PSS's). I don't see issues running 295 PS4's

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've run 295s in the back when I had my 09 sedan--and as has been posted, the wheel/tire sizes are the same for sedan and wagon. They happened to be Bridgestone RE-11's, which were the second-best tires I've run on the V. The best, by far, have been the PS4's (also ran PS2's and PSS's). I don't see issues running 295 PS4's
Were you on stock suspension with the 295's?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
They are alittle noisy at high speeds but tolerable and def better grip then 99% of the tires
How is treadwear and rain performance? It rains so much in Atlanta that aspect is important for me.
The PS4S is really good in rain IME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
How is treadwear and rain performance? It rains so much in Atlanta that aspect is important for me.
The PS4S is really good in rain IME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We get a lot of rain to...can almost set your watch by the Summer pop up storms that roll in around 5-6pm from the East and move West toward the coast of Florida.

I found the AS3s were better in the rain at a higher speed, when raining, than my PS4s (which are "okay")...but the AS3s couldn't hold the power any other time.

Reactions: subaru335i
1 - 20 of 28 Posts