Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 2 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2011 CTSV Coupe
46 Posts
That's exactly what I did. I purchased my pump from a euro parts retailer for significantly less than any performance focused retailer was advertising. It looks like there are a few, very similar, pumps out there, so make sure you're getting the one you need/want. The picture in the add you inserted doesn't look like an actual Pierburg CWA400 (Pierburg part number 7.03665.66.0) to me. The mounting feet are different, and the electrical connector is also different. It may be functionally the same though. I have no idea. I DM'd you the pigtail I purchased.

I am far from an expert, but that seems like too much pump for an under-hood tank setup. There are a lot of smart people here that can speak to heat exchanger efficiency, fluid volume, and velocity. I'm not one of them. I am installing the 400 with a trunk tank and lot of large diameter hose. I'm pretty sure there is a Pierburg pump that mounts in the stock location, outflows the Varimax, comes with nice pigtail that might be better suited for an under-hood setup. Are you planning to remove the factory hardlines?

As soon as I hit "post reply" there will probably be three people post that their CWA 400 under-hood tank setups are working great, and a trunk tank is absolutely unnecessary. I'll put my flame suit on haha.

· Registered
2011 CTSV Coupe
46 Posts
Be sure to post your results here. I haven't looked to see if anyone else has posted about using the CWA200 with an under-hood tank yet, but it'll be interesting regardless.

I ordered a couple of cheap PWM controllers from Amazon to play with. If I find I need high speed/low speed options, I'm hoping I can make that happen with a toggle switch.

Are you removing the hard lines?

1 - 2 of 3 Posts