Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear camera would stop working when truck lid was closed hard and the fix was to close it hard again. I assumed a loose connection but was too lazy to pull off the interior panel. Finally, it completely stopped working. I read all the threads I could find, but none had pics of the wiring so I took a couple of pics when I fixed mine.
Note: to remove panel you need trim removal tools, a very thin flat blade screwdriver, and a 7mm socket driver.The last two are for the inside handle.

Initial view on opening trunk (I pulled farthest left connector off the yellow mount before pic):
You can clearly see the wire bundle going to the trunk latch. That seems to include the latch operation, rear view camera, and license plate lights.
I just had to push it back in place and push in a grey piece firming up the connection (poor explanation and no pic).

The purple wire with white stripe was cleanly cut on both sides of connector so I assume it's for a function I don't have. Note other purple wire with white stripe bypassing connector:

By following the wire I think this connector leads to the CHMSL. Never thought I'd use that in a sentence.

Reactions: MrSurly

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
Thanks for this post! Informative. Complete with facts and pics.

This is good stuff.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
But.... did you repair the wire? Did this FIX it?

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I had a similar issue, but my wire break was in the mesh under the decklid interior panel where the harness goes from the decklid to the body. Black wire was completely severed. I caused my license plate lights not to work. That's another place to check.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I’m curious about what the purple with white stripe wire was for. The cuts just don’t feel factory to me but who knows. Are you original owner?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But.... did you repair the wire? Did this FIX it?
All I had to do was push the connector back in place at the latch and push the grey lock into the plug. You can see the connector hiding behind the latch in the first pic. Sorry, no closeup. Decided to take pics after I was done with the fix.

I’m curious about what the purple with white stripe wire was for. The cuts just don’t feel factory to me but who knows. Are you original owner?
Not original owner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts