Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is how far my tips extend past the valence. I compared these to some of the pics on the stainless works website.

My tips seem to extend too far outwards. My theory is the x pipe may not be as far forward as it is supposed to be.

Does anyone else have pics to post for comparison ? There is little to no clearance between the rear hangar and the pipes just after the muffler. Occasionally, it does rattle and almost sounds like knock.

My car:

Here is a pic from the SW website:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s the catback, not axleback. So no cutting required.

Also, a performance shop did the install, not me.

·
Registered
996 Posts
It’s the catback, not axleback. So no cutting required.

Also, a performance shop did the install, not me.

I apologize, I misread it. Then in that case, they need to make sure they installed all the pipes as deep into each other as possible. If they did, there is a problem with the system.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Too lazy to throw a pic up but I had a performance shop install my complete SW (12' Coupe) and they told me they had a hard time with it. Currently my tips go out past the rear bumper on the coupe by an inch or so. It does make me paranoid it will get hit first before the bumper. I maybe should get it adjusted this summer.

·
Registered
189 Posts
as Lt4Mike said, let them push the pipes as deep as they can, one of my friends had the same issue and he solved it that way. Although, I think it looks great.

·
Registered
324 Posts
My magnalow does the same thing, I think there was some variance in the either the system or the car's OE bends. I actually like it better, keeps some of the soot off the bumper ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts