Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joined this site a few months ago but never posted any pics of the V so I took a few quick pics just now. Satin Steel Metallic ‘19 V with carbon fiber package and pretty much every option except suede shifter/steering wheel. Purchased used 3 months ago and loving it so far. Replaced my daily driver ‘09 G8 I had for 11 years.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
welcome aboard

from the title I was expecting a less glossy finish

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You posted the g8 before, I remember the wheels. Great upgrade with the V3. Love the color.
Thanks ya I posted G8 pics before in a different post by request but these are the first pics I posted of the V.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
i really like satin steel , i wanted my escalade in that color too. Nice !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here’s pics of my old G8 GT daily driver. Was the best car I ever owned and it will be missed. I actually sold the car for $17k due to high demand for these G8s and a strong used car market. Not bad considering I paid $29k for it 11 years ago.
Nice rides. Congrats. I was searching for a decent deal on a low mileage and well cared for GXP. When the prices of the Gen 2 V depreciated into the same range, I bought my 09 Sedan right at the beginning of the lockdown. They're currently selling for a lot more than I paid so I'm glad I pulled the trigger when I did. I know my V is superior in almost every way. However, IMHO, I personally think the GT/GXP are better looking externally.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice rides. Congrats. I was searching for a decent deal on a low mileage and well cared for GXP. When the prices of the Gen 2 V depreciated into the same range, I bought my 09 Sedan right at the beginning of the lockdown. They're currently selling for a lot more than I paid so I'm glad I pulled the trigger when I did. I know my V is superior in almost every way. However, IMHO, I personally think the GT/GXP are better looking externally.
Ya I love the V2s also and I wanted one back in 2010 when I bought my G8, but back then a ‘09 V was $62k, and I couldn’t quite afford that much back then. I remember seeing a ‘09 GXP 6M back then for $39k and I still kick myself for not picking that up instead of the GT. I love my V3 but those G8s are built like tanks and I agree with you they look great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ya I love the V2s also and I wanted one back in 2010 when I bought my G8, but back then a ‘09 V was $62k, and I couldn’t quite afford that much back then. I remember seeing a ‘09 GXP 6M back then for $39k and I still kick myself for not picking that up instead of the GT. I love my V3 but those G8s are built like tanks and I agree with you they look great.
Yes sir. I remember seeing the GXP brand new on the lot and thinking that would be a good car to pick up 1/2 price in a few years since GM was inevitably heading towards bankruptcy and Pontiac was certainly going to suffer. Hindsight being 20/20, the GXP is a vehicle I should've bought new. Especially when considering GM was liquidating everything Pontiac in 09. Finding the opportunity to acquire my V2 last year finally satisfied my desire for this type of ride. Found mine 1 owner (his family maintains a collection of Caddies), 55K mi, bone stock, all options, very clean/well maintained, and all records including window sticker. He paid well over $70K. I gave him $24.5K cash. Best purchase I've made in years. How many miles did you get out of your G8 GT? What mods/upgrades did you have?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes sir. I remember seeing the GXP brand new on the lot and thinking that would be a good car to pick up 1/2 price in a few years since GM was inevitably heading towards bankruptcy and Pontiac was certainly going to suffer. Hindsight being 20/20, the GXP is a vehicle I should've bought new. Especially when considering GM was liquidating everything Pontiac in 09. Finding the opportunity to acquire my V2 last year finally satisfied my desire for this type of ride. Found mine 1 owner (his family maintains a collection of Caddies), 55K mi, bone stock, all options, very clean/well maintained, and all records including window sticker. He paid well over $70K. I gave him $24.5K cash. Best purchase I've made in years. How many miles did you get out of your G8 GT? What mods/upgrades did you have?
Thats a great deal you got. Should be a great car for years to come. Did you do any mods yet? I know the V2s have tons of aftermarket support. I bought my G8 with 11k miles in early 2010 and sold it this past March with 89k miles. Mods included brembos all around, SLP springs, Koni shocks, Kooks long tubes, Vararam intake, custom tune, Dynomax VT mufflers (eliminated drone) and misc interior/exterior upgrades.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thats a great deal you got. Should be a great car for years to come. Did you do any mods yet? I know the V2s have tons of aftermarket support. I bought my G8 with 11k miles in early 2010 and sold it this past March with 89k miles. Mods included brembos all around, SLP springs, Koni shocks, Kooks long tubes, Vararam intake, custom tune, Dynomax VT mufflers (eliminated drone) and misc interior/exterior upgrades.
Sounds like someone got a very nice G8/GT last spring. 1st I had an OEM dyno pull on my V2. Motor is strong. Current mods include full Kooks exhaust (2" LT headers, green catted x-pipe, & axle back), K&N CAI, Eibach springs, catch can, plugs, wires, check valve breather, Aero Force gauge, S2T Paddle Shifters, upgraded stereo, V1 hard wired, and full window tint. Everything professionally installed. Just ordered ceramic pads and steel braided brake lines. Next upgrades will be pulleys, harmonic balancer, T-stat, solid isolator coupling, TB, reinforced brick, and ported/polished snout & SC (or lid upgrade). After that will consider upgrading fuel injectors, heat exchanger, and ethanol conversion. Not interested in pulling the motor. Plan is to maximize top shelf bolt on performance enhancers available while maintaining street-ability. Are you planning any mods for your V3?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds like someone got a very nice G8/GT last spring. 1st I had an OEM dyno pull on my V2. Motor is strong. Current mods include full Kooks exhaust (2" LT headers, green catted x-pipe, & axle back), K&N CAI, Eibach springs, catch can, plugs, wires, check valve breather, Aero Force gauge, S2T Paddle Shifters, upgraded stereo, V1 hard wired, and full window tint. Everything professionally installed. Just ordered ceramic pads and steel braided brake lines. Next upgrades will be pulleys, harmonic balancer, T-stat, solid isolator coupling, TB, reinforced brick, and ported/polished snout & SC (or lid upgrade). After that will consider upgrading fuel injectors, heat exchanger, and ethanol conversion. Not interested in pulling the motor. Plan is to maximize top shelf bolt on performance enhancers available while maintaining street-ability. Are you planning any mods for your V3?
Nice! That’s gonna be one badass V when you are done! As for me I’ve only done tinted windows. I want to do some performance mods eventually but for now will keep her stock so I don’t void my warranty, and also I live in California where every performance mod other than cat-back exhausts will cause me to fail smog inspection. But I might do a OEM dyno pull like you so I can see how strong my engine is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice! That’s gonna be one badass V when you are done! As for me I’ve only done tinted windows. I want to do some performance mods eventually but for now will keep her stock so I don’t void my warranty, and also I live in California where every performance mod other than cat-back exhausts will cause me to fail smog inspection. But I might do a OEM dyno pull like you so I can see how strong my engine is.
Thank you good sir. We share the same sentiments herein my friend. From the looks of your G8/GT I am certain you'll end up with an awesome V3 when you're done.

My research on this forum told me an all bone stock V2 should produce north of 450 RWHP on the dyno if the motor is healthy. The seller seemed like a really good guy, but when I'm buying performance vehicles I always have them thoroughly inspected and vetted by professionals I know I can trust prior to becoming attached. As a younger man I learned a few hard lessons with a German sports car I owned. IMHO - Owning those German performance vehicles reminds me of the strippers I dated as bachelor. It's either an absolute blast or a complete headache. Nothing exists in between those 2. It's always 1 or the other. And when it's time to cut her loose, it usually happens suddenly without warning. You must get her outta your life immediately or suffer the consequences.

The V2 SC is weakest link in the OEM set up. If it was not mechanically performing up to spec, I wouldn't have kept this 1. I was standing right next to the dyno and it was very my 1st time at that LS tuner shop, so the mechanic at my controls did 3 conservative pulls. The last 1 was almost 480, so I knew my V was a keeper.

That's the first improvement I did to my V2 as well. Took her to my long time tint guy. Then had the Eibach springs installed (not for the drop, it's already low enough for me), for the handling. Very noticeable difference in ride quality and performance. The best of both worlds.

I live in NoVa. I haven't had my V2 emissions tested since the full exhaust was install. However, I do believe (w/ green cats) it would most likely pass here in VA. Probably not in CA though. If I lived in CA I'd consider going Corsa cat back (after exhausting ((pun intended)) all options to register out of state). I have that exhaust behind the same Kooks set up on my SSS. It sounds very angry (loud) when I stomp on the go pedal. But it's a truck, so it works well. Reviewed the comments on this forum about going Kooks/Kooks/Corsa on the V2. Actually kept the OEM axle back for a while prior to going full Kooks heads to tip. It seems like a good fit for my needs. Breaths very well, but doesn't detract from the fact that I'm driving a Cadillac.

Sorry for the long winded reply. Trying to appear occupied in order to purposefully avoid something I know my wife is most likely going to needlessly ask me to do. How long is your V3 still in warranty?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
About a year left on the factory warranty but I got a good deal on an extended warranty when I bought the car so that has almost 5 years left.

Sounds like your V was putting down good numbers stock. Not sure what mine will put down but my tuner has a dynapack dyno I believe. How many miles are on your V now?

·
Registered
19 Posts
About a year left on the factory warranty but I got a good deal on an extended warranty when I bought the car so that has almost 5 years left.

Sounds like your V was putting down good numbers stock. Not sure what mine will put down but my tuner has a dynapack dyno I believe. How many miles are on your V now?
My V2 just turned 58K today. My bone stock pulls were 466-477+. There's guys on here posting OEM RWHP dyno pulls of ~500 with a good tune on their V2's. I don't doubt it. The tuner's face lit up after my 3rd pull and he r-e-a-l-l-y wanted to tune my V2 right then and there on his dyno in order to, "...see where we'd end up in max power." He said there was, "...plenty of room for noticeable improvement." I told him not to worry or waste time doing so just then. A good tune will certainly be more fruitful once my mods are complete. His pulls were conservative and would represent a 15% HP loss in the driveline which is widely accepted as standard. However, I do believe as many have commented on this forum that the V, as well as many well built other late model performance vehicles, closer to 10% loss of power thru the driveline is more attainable when a more holistic approach is utilized. What's the mileage on your V3?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts