Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Had a blast on Sunday at the Cadillac Racing V Corral in Long Beach. In partnership with the Long Beach Grand Prix they invited anybody with a V model to register for private parking in a lot where only Cadillac V's were granted access through a guarded gate. It was fun to spend time with other Cadillac enthusiasts and see their cars. The vast majority were stock until D3 rolled up with about 30 modified cars which of course was very impressive and fun.

Highlights included:

• Meeting Johnny O'Connell and Andy Pilgrim, drivers of the Cadillac CTS-V race cars in the Pirelli World Championship series
  • Getting a tour of the Cadillac Racing paddock where they work on the cars before the race
  • Meeting Cadillac staffers ranking as high as the global marketing director
  • Watching the race! The Cadillacs sounded MEAN, like they were trying to eat the car in front of it. Cadillac performed great in the race!

If any of you are in Southern California and didn't go to this event, you should go next year! There were around 80 cars in the corral and next year they might need a bigger parking lot because it's growing more and more.

lbgp1.jpg lbgp4.jpg lbgp2.jpg lbgp3.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree! My wife and I drove down from Seattle we both had a great time, the race was great, meeting a bunch of folks with V's and of course very nice meeting Johnny and Andy, super neat guys, in fact Andy gave me tips for appropriate mods for road track racing! The Cadillac folks were all first class, we had a great guy from Cadillac give us a personal 30 minute tour, meet and greet. Never seen a race end like that one!

·
Vendor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That must have been a fun drive down all the way from Seattle! I think if there is one thing they could improve upon for next year would be some sort of attendee guestbook/directory so we can more easily connect with the other V owners that were there... some sort of icebreaker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts