Reactions: random84

·
Premium Member
17,567 Posts

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Hey Duck, did you bring to market the head/cam package? Or teaser?
Thanks for asking. :)

No, we did put some effort into that project, but we decided to stop. This is because it was becoming evident that while we could put a cam, head, valve train and intake manifold package together, which would perform real well, it was going to be a very expensive package, limiting the potential buyers.

Being as the upfront costs to me would be very substantial, and the
buyers very limited, I have decided to put that project on hold.

But thanks very much for asking..:)

Cheers

Reactions: random84

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks for asking. :)

No, we did put some effort into that project, but we decided to stop. This is because it was becoming evident that while we could put a cam, head, valve train and intake manifold package together, which would perform real well, it was going to be a very expensive package, limiting the potential buyers.

Being as the upfront costs to me would be very substantial, and the
buyers very limited, I have decided to put that project on hold.

But thanks very much for asking..:)

Cheers
You may be missing out on an opportunity. Yes building hardware and trying to get your investment back is expensive and difficult. So why not just sell the math? Seems that is already done. May need to package it into sellable packages but the investment is low. Customers could be tuners looking at providing details of the packages they are selling or end users wanting to know the details behind the build they want. It’s one thing to buy a “stage” package but I see value buying a “stage” package with math behind the design.

Just a thought

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rubber Duck

·
Registered
2016 CTSV
6 Posts
Which 2.9L?
Still on the fence. Whipple makes a 2.9L Supercharger, but the more videos I watch on you tube the more they say Magnusun provides better cooling but more modifying is necessary. I dunno how I feel about cutting off pieces of my valve cover to relocate spark plug coils.

As of my last check, none of the Whipple or 2650 kits are CARB approved yet, all just 'pending' which can take years

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Go for it.
I’d like to know if anyone who puts this on can still get a dmv renewal after a required smog test, in California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
State of California
AIR RESOURCES BOARD
EXECUTIVE ORDER D-231-44
Relating to Exemptions Under Section 27156 of the California Vehicle Code
Whipple Industries, Inc. Whipple Supercharger

The Air Resources Board reserves the right in the future to review this Executive Order
and the exemption provided herein to assure that the exempted add-on or modified part
continues to meet the standards and procedures of Title 13, California Code of
Regulations, Section 2222, et seq.

THIS EXECUTIVE ORDER DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CERTIFICATION,
ACCREDITATION, APPROVAL, OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF ENDORSEMENT BY THE
AIR RESOURCES BOARD
OF ANY CLAIMS OF THE APPLICANT CONCERNING
ANTI-POLLUTION BENEFITS OR ANY ALLEGED BENEFITS OF THE WHIPPLE
SUPERCHARGER.

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Still on the fence. Whipple makes a 2.9L Supercharger, but the more videos I watch on you tube the more they say Magnusun provides better cooling but more modifying is necessary. I dunno how I feel about cutting off pieces of my valve cover to relocate spark plug coils.
It's a real hassle to both install these, as well as get them to run correctly on the street.
In the end; they look cool, and sound cool, but you (most likely) won't enjoy driving the car.

The amount of air you need to get into your engine, is determined by your HP Goal.
Put your money into other methods of getting sufficient air into your engine.

RD

·
Registered
2016 CTSV
6 Posts
It's a real hassle to both install these, as well as get them to run correctly on the street.
In the end; they look cool, and sound cool, but you (most likely) won't enjoy driving the car.

The amount of air you need to get into your engine, is determined by your HP Goal.
Put your money into other methods of getting sufficient air into your engine.

RD
I’m running out of ideas to make more hp gains without not being smog compliant. Hell they wouldn’t even sell us the roto fab air intake here in California. Its so frustrating.

·
Premium Member
17,567 Posts
There are other ways to go faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pilot license?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
Reactions: random84 and Ctarb1

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m running out of ideas to make more hp gains without not being smog compliant. Hell they wouldn’t even sell us the roto fab air intake here in California. Its so frustrating.
I ordered a Rotofab and had it set to ship to my buddy in another state, and was going to have him send it to me after receipt. They canceled my order and lectured me on not being able to ship to CA and that I can't trick the system. So I had non-CA buddy buy it directly and ship it to me after receipt. I then sent Rotofab a pic of my newly installed unit :LOL: 🖕:)🖕

61 - 80 of 81 Posts