Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious here. It looks like the IMSA Edition owners got their serialized COAs in December after production ended. Any Pedestal Edition owners here? Did you get your COA yet? How many did they end up making based on the number provided on the COA?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Pedestal. Owned it since June and have not received a certificate. I believe there were 300 made. I tried to find info on how to get a CoA but didn’t find anything.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I own one and still trying to find how to obtain the COA. I'm sure they only made 200 total i.e. 100 ATS-V's and 100 CTS-V's one year only 2018. Two different colors white/black. I wonder where these cars are for I live in Atlanta, Georgia

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They said they were going to make 300 beforehand but they said they were going to make 200 of the IMSA edition cars too and didn't get that high. I seriously doubt they hit 300 on the Pedestal cars. It is too many of one color for how low of volume the cars were. They announced 300 as a limitation. I've always said it sounded more like a goal than a limitation.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I own one and still trying to find how to obtain the COA. I'm sure they only made 200 total i.e. 100 ATS-V's and 100 CTS-V's one year only 2018. Two different colors white/black. I wonder where these cars are for I live in Atlanta, Georgia
It sounds like you are talking about the IMSA Edition and not Pedestal. There's actually an IMSA Edition Facebook group. A bunch of those guys did get their certificates and I think some guys that bought the car used managed to get GM to send them certificates too. Hit that group and ask to see if anyone there has a good contact. Hell, a Pedestal Edition owner should hit that group and ask for the contact too.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hell, looking through the pics in that group the initial certificates said there were 180 IMSA cars. ATS-V and CTS-V were combined and all sequenced together, oddly. Someone that got their certificate later on an ATS-V has a certificate with just the ATS-Vs at 33.

When I ran the numbers I came up short of the 180 on the certificate. Maybe they ran a few more later in the model year to get a round number and I ran the reports too early to catch them or something? I dunno. Or maybe they just thought 180 looked better on the certificates than 175? Who knows.

They also did some funny stuff. It is pretty obvious that they had planned a Morello Red edition and then twisted that into the IMSA edition. Non-Canada export cars still got the Morello Red and the US/Canada got IMSA. But, there were some early build US cars that were Morello red without being IMSA. I've seen one of those for sale online before. So, if they used A7C+North American market instead of TD2 to get the total number of cars to put on the certificates that would get them closer to the 180 than the 175. I still only had 179 cars like that though from the incomplete tracking I had done.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The full group name is "Cadillac 2017 IMSA Champsionship Edition" for anyone that may be going to try to find it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for all your effort, although I don't use facebook I'll try Goggle. Thanks again.........Jim

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did ask the guy in the IMSA group what he did to get his certificate. He said he sent a message to the Cadillac Facebook page and they got back to him and he got the certificate. I would say you could give any Cadillac customer service phone number, email, or whatever a shot and see what they say.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the Glacier 18 and it it took Cadillac 11 months to send mine.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
11 months from purchase or from the end of the model year? Ford has been doing certificates like this for a long time on SVT stuff. I have a friend that works for FP now and has worked on the certificates there and I know it takes them 5-6 months or so from the end of the model year to get them out. They can't even start putting the data together until the model year ends and then they have to sort through everything to get the numbers together, get the certificates made, get them sent out, etc. Takes a bit of time even for the guys that have been doing it for years. For GM, they've done it like 3 times now, haha.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did they actually make 115 of the Glacier editions like they announced or did they come up short on those like they did the IMSA cars?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm just curious here. It looks like the IMSA Edition owners got their serialized COAs in December after production ended. Any Pedestal Edition owners here? Did you get your COA yet? How many did they end up making based on the number provided on the COA?
I purchased a pedestal edition one year ago. While shopping different dealers for discounts I was told by a dealer only 71 sedans were built.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not surprised if it were true that it were that low. If there were 71 CTSes I'd be surprised if they hit 30 ATSes. Hell, 71 might have been a number to get them to 100 total with 29 ATSes?

·
Registered
109 Posts
11 months from purchase or from the end of the model year? Ford has been doing certificates like this for a long time on SVT stuff. I have a friend that works for FP now and has worked on the certificates there and I know it takes them 5-6 months or so from the end of the model year to get them out. They can't even start putting the data together until the model year ends and then they have to sort through everything to get the numbers together, get the certificates made, get them sent out, etc. Takes a bit of time even for the guys that have been doing it for years. For GM, they've done it like 3 times now, haha.
from purchase. I got the car on May 2018 and received the COA March 2019

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm not surprised if it were true that it were that low. If there were 71 CTSes I'd be surprised if they hit 30 ATSes. Hell, 71 might have been a number to get them to 100 total with 29 ATSes?
I got lucky and got a call from GM (586)834-4700 regarding my COA the other day. They stated I will receive it within three weeks.............WOW!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, I received a letter from GM..........yes a letter saying I own a a 2018 CTS-V. Not a COA a letter, I'm very disappointed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wonder who came up with "Pedestal" for this special version of the V3? Should have been "Podium" in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts