Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try this thing? Apparently it reduces or eliminates peddle "lag".

Plugs inline with gas peddle. "Fails" to off so if it freaks out you just lose gas pedal, not ideal but better than the alternative.

Has some glowing reviews online and Amazon and at $300 pretty cheap if it works. Most guys claim it feels like a carb car after install and doesn't create havoc with factory warranty since it doesn't tail onto computer.

Thoughts?

·
2X 9 second club
11,147 Posts
when you say pedal lag, are you talk about how it feels like the throttle doesnt open up all the way until 25 mph?

that box will not get rid of the throttle lag on a V3. the V3 is a tq model based system and controls the throttle based on many calculations as outlined in this guide.

https://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_editor_tuning_how_to_advanced_e78.htm

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Get a Vittness Throttle Controller, much better half the price of P C

·
2X 9 second club
11,147 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just got my PC in the mail. For those who have already installed on their V3’s, are there 2 screws to remove cover or 3? PC Instructional videos for older Vs show 3 screws, but I can only see 2. Just don’t want to break anything ;)

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
418 Posts
How many screws were there, and can you actually feel an increase in throttle response/overall performance? I'm looking into doing this, depending upon your review. That is, assuming Pedal Commander comes out with a Bluetooth capable version of the P4-PC49 for our cars that is remotely adjustable, allowing me to permanently hide the controller itself (I have sent them an email asking for date of availability).

Vitesse-Motorsport has one available at half the price of the Pedal Commander, but it too is hard wired at this time, otherwise I'd just get that one for savings.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I don't know about on a V3, but on a V2 these things were a waste. Nothing you couldn't of changed in the tune.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
418 Posts
Yeah, but I've got another 5 years/91,000mi of warranty left, soooo...

·
Registered
490 Posts
I got the Pedal Commander PC49 and it's awesome! I have it tucked under the tunnel carpet and only the controller peeking out for on the fly adjustments. It changes the car and how it accelerates. There are so many settings combinations that you will be able to custom tune the feel to your liking. On a $100K+ car, a $250.00 module like the Pedal Commander is a bargain! I didn't believe the hype until I tried it and am glad I did!

·
Super Moderator
17,289 Posts
How much hp and tq does it add?

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've got it also and agree. It does "wake up" the car.. Once I got done playing with it I found that Sport + was the best setting for my situation and style of driving so I leave it there. It truly is plug and play. I have mine tucked right under the steering console and can pull it out if needed to change.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's just playing with your mind. It's tricking you Your brain says give the peddle 10% throttle. It tells the ecm to really give it 20% but not to tell you. Your brains says "Wow, more much more responsive now!!!". No different than if you had just give it 20% in the first place. Get the idea. The beauty of fly by wire technology.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Install Peddle Commander. Enjoy for a week. Get a tune.
Sell Peddle Commander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WRONG!

Install PC use PC wait for Warranty to expire or get close to expiring then get serious engine work and tune.

Then sell PC

·
Registered
57 Posts
Exactly what I was saying; it's just tricking you into thinking your car has more power and is more responsive. All it does is open the throttle more than you think it is (or more than you pushed the pedal).

Reactions: Jon B.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts