Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one of my distinct challenges living in Europe is finding parts. Something that is extremely helpful is knowing which parts are shared with other platforms. I know the list is kind of short, but it's still very helpful to know. There are of course some obvious ones like the LSA itself, with the ZL1 camaro.

For example, Brakes.

I believe the calipers are the same between the CTSv and the Zl1 camaro. I additionally think the same brembo caliper up front is used by some other cars including some ferarris, and I believe also the v10 RS6. If I just pick a brand of brake pad catalog, they may or may not use the same "pattern" for multiple cars, even if they're not the same actual caliper.

Similarly, with brake rotors. 09.A665.13 and 09.A665.23 I think are the OEM Brembo part numbers for the new style rotor, which I believe are shared with the non ZL1 camaro.

Any other examples you know of? Wear parts are probably the most helpful, but I think it is generally a good idea to know what parts are or are not shared with other platforms. Have to assume the answer in general is "not much" but every bit helps.

·
Registered
667 Posts
The sigma platform wasn't used for anything other than Cadillacs which really limits your potential for parts that are interchangeable to other things. Even down to things you would expect there to be some off the shelf standardization of like the rear end gears being unique to the V only. Things like that are even annoying when in the US since GM never made the differential serviceable making it so there are no gears to use to rebuild one.

Things like front door latches that are electronic and have the actuator built into them limit things that could be interchangable across lots of cars to just being CTS specific, maybe STS/Vette ones could be interchangeable there though? I've never looked into it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know the rear license plate light holders are shared with a bunch of other GM vehicles from the era, like the Envoy, Acadia SUVs.

There are back up camera solutions that integrate into this style light holder for many GM platforms.

A small contribution, but it's good to start somewhere.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts