Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can’t seem to find a straight answer. I found a front tow hook cap on eBay.
The part number is 22806411.
It’s GM stamped.
However, the listed number on GM‘s site is 25793665.
Does anyone know if these part interchange?
Have found multiple of each, can’t tell the difference look wise.
Any help appreciated.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
22806411 shows 14-19 except v
That’s basically what I’ve gathered, but I’m new to these cars and I have nothing to compare expect these photos online. The only difference I saw was one had what I’d assume to be a thread protector. Thanks for looking into it!

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I had bought this off Amazon but not there now.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had bought this off Amazon but not there now.

View attachment 149645

I’ve looked at those, think I’m leaning more towards the factory cover for now.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,118 Posts
I was at the dealer parts counter today (yes, Saturday) and asked for those numbers while there. He had no info at all on the first number “invalid”;
On the other number 25793665 he couldn’t pull up the application but the part IS available at $80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1sloV2

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was at the dealer parts counter today (yes, Saturday) and asked for those numbers while there. He had no info at all on the first number “invalid”;
On the other number 25793665 he couldn’t pull up the application but the part IS available at $80.

I appreciate that sir! I’m hesitant to buy that one, but it’s the same color as my car and a decent price for the condition. Idk if it’s worth the gamble though.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,118 Posts
Does this help?
On my 2011 coupe.
Black Diamond but I doubt this part is serviced pre-painted. Number should be same regardless the color.
You are likely going to have to paint it.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,118 Posts
The 25 prefix is for a 3rd gen non v like I said above... The other one is the one you want.
Yeah I’m going to take exception to this proposal. GM numbers (unlike many euro brands) don’t follow any prefix/group/suffix arrangement and never have AFAIK.
The next part number numerically from this plastic cap might be a reman engine or a ‘93 Tahoe taillight.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does this help?
On my 2011 coupe.
Black Diamond but I doubt this part is serviced pre-painted. Number should be same regardless the color.
You are likely going to have to paint it.

Yep ones I have seen do not come painted. Thank you for the photo, I guess I ordered the wrong one. doh!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts