Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • Changed up/down stream 02 sensors on bank 2 because CEL said bank 2 sensor 1 had an issue
  • after replacing sensors, car shows misfire in cylinder 2, and codes P0356 P0352
-switched coils around to see if the issues follows, but CEL continue to show 6th and 2nd coil issues
- check wires and connections can't find any issues/ buy 2 ignition coils to replace 6th and 2nd coils
-CEL lights and codes P0356 P0352 still showing
-have not checked the spark plugs
Looking for any other advice on where to look. Also, I noticed it looks like there is a lot of oil leaking toward the back of the engine, specifically where the intake manifold gaskets are. Really need to clear these CEL because car is running shitty and Service Stabilitrak notification is showing.

·
Registered
2011 thunder grey coupe a6 recaros.
1,079 Posts
The electronics on these cars are very sensitive, if your using stuff from autozone or something it could be as simple as that, get genuine gm O2 sensors and coils. I’m not a negative person but man you have some serious gremlins on this car, it seems you spend more time wrenching on it then enjoying it…. Good luck

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The electronics on these cars are very sensitive, if your using stuff from autozone or something it could be as simple as that, get genuine gm O2 sensors and coils. I’m not a negative person but man you have some serious gremlins on this car, it seems you spend more time wrenching on it then enjoying it…. Good luck
Yeah, I agree. The 02 sensors are gm genuine parts from rock auto. The coils are ngk, but I still have the originals, as I don't believe the coils were the issue.

·
Registered
2011 thunder grey coupe a6 recaros.
1,079 Posts
Have you checked all the wiring, plugs etc? You could also have a problem with a bcm or your ecm, definitely a possibility with the slew of issues you have had

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
If you have an Airaid intake check your ground under it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you checked all the wiring, plugs etc? You could also have a problem with a bcm or your ecm, definitely a possibility with the slew of issues you have had
Seriously. I was under there for hours and I can't find any bad connections or nicked wires. I checked the spark plugs and one was loose, so i re-tightened. No oil in the plugs or anything. I'm going to recheck the CEL and see what the codes are. Driving me crazy.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
If you replaced the wire and then the issue started you need to re-examine that wire and the connection. It is possible the sensor is bad out of the box as that happens. When you say wire, do you mean spark plug wire or a ground wire, sensor wire what wire did you replace?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And now the scanner says the misfires are coming from random cylinders
If you replaced the wire and then the issue started you need to re-examine that wire and the connection. It is possible the sensor is bad out of the box as that happens. When you say wire, do you mean spark plug wire or a ground wire, sensor wire what wire did you replace?
ok just got a better scan tool all oxygen sensors are reading .888 volts and b2-s1 is reading .067 volts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
The voltage should fluctuate and if graphed look like a sign wave.

Here is a shot of HP tuners showing the sign waves

Rectangle Slope Line Font Parallel

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The voltage should fluctuate and if graphed look like a sign wave.

Here is a shot of HP tuners showing the sign waves

View attachment 157054
So I was going through the spark plugs again, and I saw oil on the 6th cyl. Spark Plug. So right now I Have the supercharger and snout off the car, and I'm drying out all the cylinders and re checking the electrical. After i put it all back I will re scan and if the codes pop up again I will graph the sensors and post it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.