Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this 09 6m v back in September drove it from Illinois back to New York 14 hours straight no problems. As far as I know the car is completely stock and has never been modded it has just over 31000 miles on it I drove it a few times and parked it for the winter. I took the car out this past Sunday for the first time this year and went cruising with a few buddy’s after about a hour drive we pulled off to bs. 30 minutes or so I got back in to leave Immediately service traction control came on then stabilitrack then a check engine light as this happend I started to notice some sort of rattle. We popped the hood and seemed to be coming from the supercharger which I believe to still be original and not replaced by gm. Got the car home and the code p0303 pops up says cylinder 3 missfire. Swapped coil pack and wire from cylinder 3 to 4 didn’t fix it put a new spark plug in didn’t fix it. The car only makes this noise and does seem to missfire at idle but not consistently when you first start it it sounds fine no supercharger rattle then code blows it idles funny as well as super charger rattle. The car still pulls good and runs great when your in the throttle this seems to be some sort of idle isssue. We also swapped the injector from cylinder 3 to cylinder 5 to see if the code jumped it did not. My buddy did compression test on cylinder 1 and 3 cylinder 3 did have a little bit less compression but not much. He will be further looking into this with more in depth testing. I was wondering if anyone has had this same issue. I have seen some threads with similar issues but different cylinders or multiple cylinders and most of those guys are modded. Any Input helps thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I bought this 09 6m v back in September drove it from Illinois back to New York 14 hours straight no problems. As far as I know the car is completely stock and has never been modded it has just over 31000 miles on it I drove it a few times and parked it for the winter. I took the car out this past Sunday for the first time this year and went cruising with a few buddy’s after about a hour drive we pulled off to bs. 30 minutes or so I got back in to leave Immediately service traction control came on then stabilitrack then a check engine light as this happend I started to notice some sort of rattle. We popped the hood and seemed to be coming from the supercharger which I believe to still be original and not replaced by gm. Got the car home and the code p0303 pops up says cylinder 3 missfire. Swapped coil pack and wire from cylinder 3 to 4 didn’t fix it put a new spark plug in didn’t fix it. The car only makes this noise and does seem to missfire at idle but not consistently when you first start it it sounds fine no supercharger rattle then code blows it idles funny as well as super charger rattle. The car still pulls good and runs great when your in the throttle this seems to be some sort of idle isssue. We also swapped the injector from cylinder 3 to cylinder 5 to see if the code jumped it did not. My buddy did compression test on cylinder 1 and 3 cylinder 3 did have a little bit less compression but not much. He will be further looking into this with more in depth testing. I was wondering if anyone has had this same issue. I have seen some threads with similar issues but different cylinders or multiple cylinders and most of those guys are modded. Any Input helps thanks
Same problem here, any solution?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts