Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Aeroforce gauge was incorrectly reporting a P0121 (throttle body code) so I was chasing that for a little while until I finally got HP Tuners and figured out that the code was actually P012C, which applies to the sensor in the snout. I did a log with key on/engine off and the sensor is reading 0 psi/0 volts. I'm guessing it should match the lid MAP and be close to atmosphere (14.7psi)? Sounds like I need to start tracing wires if so, FML. Anyone else ever had this code?

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Swap the black sensor on the lid with the snout one and see if it comes a live. It should match the bero sensor when not running.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Swap the black sensor on the lid with the snout one and see if it comes a live. It should match the bero sensor when not running.
Yep, I had already done that. So currently, the lid MAP is in the snout spot. In my log, the lid MAP (old snout MAP) was correctly reading atmosphere. Gonna bust out the multimeter today :mad:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looool figured it out. It was something dumb not worth saying on here. Now I can finally have a car without the MIL on.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Say it, it may save someone else a lot of time. Nobody will make fun of you.....were up class citizens here. :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last year when I installed the ZL1 lid, the brand new sensors didn't work at all, so I went on a wild goose chase checking voltages of all the harnesses (including the snout/inlet) and it looks like I got too rough with my multimeter. The probe was just a little too big to fit in the harness slot, so I forced it in just a bit, which separated the inner contact. Turns out, it separated just enough to lose contact with the sensor spade (it was the 5V power wire). I bent the contact back with a jeweler screwdriver. Verified in HPT that the sensor reads atmosphere. So yeah, don't force a multimeter into a harness slot!

·
Registered
241 Posts
See that may seem dumb, but it bit you and hopefully that can save someone else. A lot of electrical service manuals have a warning about probing connectors like that, for this reason. I have used alligator clips to grab a paper clip or a spare pin with wire connected, something that correctly fits into the socket.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See that may seem dumb, but it bit you and hopefully that can save someone else. A lot of electrical service manuals have a warning about probing connectors like that, for this reason. I have used alligator clips to grab a paper clip or a spare pin with wire connected, something that correctly fits into the socket.
Yeah I ended up using a short piece of wire to stick in there when probing the other harnesses yesterday. I'm just so friggin relieved. It's annoying that the Aeroforce can't read that code correctly, or else I would have figured it out sooner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts