Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys finally got to do a driving log for DD tech & my fans are not turning on . Any ideas where to start looking ? I’ve checked fuses & relays they seems fine . I used my power probe to the passenger fan connector & it kicked right on . I’m assuming my fans are fine just not getting power .

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Hey guys finally got to do a driving log for DD tech & my fans are turning on . Any ideas where to start looking ? I’ve checked fuses & relays they seems fine . I used my power probe to the passenger fan connector & it kicked right on . I’m assuming my fans are fine just not getting power .
Are or are not?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I'd start checking fuses and connections to make sure fans have power.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Do they turn on with the AC? Try turning the AC on high and see if they fire up. If they do it means there's power. I can't recall if the temp sensor on the LH head @ #1 cyl gives the ECM the input for the fans, but that connector and sensor are know for taking dump..
Good luck.

Reactions: tinman and Cduran

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do they turn on with the AC? Try turning the AC on high and see if they fire up. If they do it means there's power. I can't recall if the temp sensor on the LH head @ #1 cyl gives the ECM the input for the fans, but that connector and sensor are know for taking dump..
Good luck.
They do not kick on with the ac

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My tuner is aware of the issue , He mentioned to look into a air bubble . I also pulled of the new thermostat & it looks just fine .
Checked all my fan relays & fuses in the fuse box in the engine compartment there all fine . Even swapped them around with same part number relays in the engine bay . Followed the fan harness & it ties into the fuse panel from below .

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anybody ? I ended up jumping the engine coolant temperature sensor & the fans kicked on . I replaced the sensor with a oem one & still went 200 degrees & no fan . I am running a 160 degree thermostat .

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Can you force them on in HP Tuners?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I’ve been noticing my ground passenger side engine ground strap gets hot . I’ve removed it & inspected the cable & it seems fine sounds like I’m getting some sort of voltage from somewhere .

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So as many read my previous post had some issues with my fans not coming on after doing some h/c/I mods . I’ve now verified everything works grounds , power , Engine coolant temperature sensor . For whatever reason my fans don’t kick on , We’ll today I played around with hp tuners & turned them through there . Does that mean there is a issue with my tune ? Or what could be the issue ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts