Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 CTs awd 3.0 bought it in February with only 58k miles. Put on 4 since then. Lower radiator hose blew and after replacing and filling radiator from both hoses and reservoir and parking with front end uphill, the car is still overheating and no heat with heater on 90 degrees. Could this be water pump failure or stuck thermostat? I’m about to succumb to the debt trap of a dealership to repair... money is less the issue as time...

·
Super Moderator
21,711 Posts
You do realize this is a CTS-V forum?

Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You do realize this is a CTS-V forum?

Just saying.

Didn’t pay that much attention while searching for CTS forums and continually finding this community. Hoped people would be willing to help and not be pretentious... or trying to be rude or oblivious to the obvious difference but need help and thought someone here might have knowledge of my situation...

·
Super Moderator
21,711 Posts
Has nothing to do with pretension, we generally don’t know the specifics of the V6 setups.

That’s all I meant by my comment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has nothing to do with pretension, we generally don’t know the specifics of the V6 setups.

That’s all I meant by my comment.

I appreciate that and apologies if I sounded like an asshole. Just very frustrated and all my other searches brought me here. One day I’ll have V problems to deal with. Lol. Thanks

·
Registered
927 Posts
Could be a water pump OR a thermostat, but realistically, unless the clamp was rotted off the hose that blew off, the cap should have vented the pressure. Makes me think the head gasket may be pressurizing the system. See if you have water in your oil... I think on those the small hose at the reservoir will have flow through it to check the water pump, and assuming you don't have any air in your coolant system you can idle the car with the heat on full blast, let it get up to temp, and check the upper and lower hose temperature, if they're about the same the thermostat is open, if one is ice cold you found your problem. Make sure the fans come on as well, should come on at any temp if you turn on the a/c.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts