Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Vendor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Everyone. We are glad to announce that our 95 mm (LT5/ZR1) throttle body is now available. Please visit our store. Here are a few highlights and pictures. Thanks.

FEATURES:
• Optimized Active Contours (Both Upstream & Downstream)
• Porting Taper and Upstream Bore (Lip & Bore Reduction)
• Greater Discharge Coefficient of Plate/Blade
• 16 Ra Microinch, Diamond Polished Surface Finish (Lower Skin Friction)
• Half-Shaft (Front & Back) for Larger WOT Flow Area (100 mm Effective Bore)
• Self-Cleaning Throat/Flow Gap
• Minimized Gear Backlash
• Countersunk, Thread-locked, and Peened Screws
• Higher Quality
• Made from Brand New OEM Parts

BENEFITS:
• Lower weight to power ratio at part throttle, for a more nimble/spirited driving experience
• Linearization and smoothing of the curve for a more predictable response and crisper shifts
• Immediate response right off idling while keeping idling function undisturbed (No Hesitation/Stumble)
• Eliminate the need for using aftermarket throttle controllers and/or ECU tuning (LT5 only, LT1/LT4 may require tuning)
• More air/power at every single throttle position after idle. Crucial for starting or expanding power gain modifications
• Easy Installation (15 Minutes or Less)

Attachments

·
Vendor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Mike, is this the same as the SE8223 that I bought or another version?
oldstv, not the same. This is our modified version of the 95mm that comes with the Corvette 7 ZR1, the Soler Performance P/N is SE9871-100. A lot LT1 and LT4 owners use them for more serious power gains but it needs to be tuned.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
How much. $$$

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
MYV,
I don't think these are for the V2. Could be wrong but you should double check before purchasing.

·
Super Moderator
20,806 Posts
Why do you say 95mm and 100mm effective? What is the rationale?

And the car is CTS-V, btw.

·
Super Moderator
20,806 Posts
Q= v*A.

Sorry, but if you applied the same principles to a 100mm, you would increase the flow.

It’s like Tesla saying Zero Emissions. Maybe there’s no tailpipe, but that electricity is being produced somewhere, and more often than not Diesel engines are used to mine the metals in their batteries.

Personally, I think it’s misleading. Just saying (I specialize in flow measurement for a living).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Exactly, and it wouldn't be a 100mm flow area anymore, it would be greater, that's why it will flow more.

Not misleading, it is very simple. See pic below, they are equivalent. We could also say that we increased the effective flow area by 7.6% if that sounds better to you.

·
Super Moderator
20,806 Posts
Did you change the throttle blade to one that’s larger diameter? If not, how did you quantify the flow increase and then draw an equivalence to a 100mm?

I have customers tell me all the time there’s no gas in their fluid stream, then I have to carefully show them, and I say carefully in that I don’t insult them nor make them feel foolish.

I often take small steps to show them, then explain this is all I do all week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Karsh, see the area in red in pic above, we changed the area by removing the shaft on one side of the blade, increasing the bore and blade diameter is not the only way to increase the available flow area.

I don't understand this part "I have customers tell me all the time there’s no gas in their fluid stream"

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Gentlemen,
If flow area is increased, the flow 'Should' also increase. . . Depending on
the shape and form of the orifice.

As an example: a long port having turns will flow much differently,
then will a port having the same volume, but is short, wide and straight.

However, if velocity drops. . . . You have increased the flow area too much!

RPM & Piston speed generate an piston cfm demand.
The 'Resultant' flow through the orifice is related to what I wrote above.

The true 'Equivalent' flow then, will be related to not only
the size of the port, but the velocity as well.

Cheers,
RD

1 - 20 of 26 Posts