Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1481 - 1489 of 1489 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,924 Posts
I think it's time you sold that bucket o' problems and got a Plaid.

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,482 ·
So the "Misc IGN" 10 Amp fuse was blown. I'm guessing that's to either the skip-shift or reverse lockout solenoid; however unlike what I've read on the internet... I am not able to "push through it" while idling the car. I'll have to look for a short while I'm there. Interesting, zero other problems with the car while driving recently, so this caught me out of the blue.

Anyway, I have a new one on order ($75 for that damn thing) but I decided to replace all my wheel speed sensors and the vehicle speed sensor in the trans while I'm at it, to see if I can get rid of the "Service stabilitrak / Service Brakes" CEL that pops up after ~40 minutes of driving without an actual DTC code.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Anyway, I have a new one on order ($75 for that damn thing) but I decided to replace all my wheel speed sensors and the vehicle speed sensor in the trans while I'm at it, to see if I can get rid of the "Service stabilitrak / Service Brakes" CEL that pops up after ~40 minutes of driving without an actual DTC code.
I had an issue like this when I did not completely double check and seat all the cables when reinstalling the console when messing with my shifter. (Not sure if you messed with it lately?).

I think it might have been the harness that programs the keyfob come to think of it. For sure had the “service stabilitrak” but can’t remember if I also had service brakes. Was back in 2017 when I had this type of issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,484 ·
I only had the console apart to check the shifter, so I think it would be unlikely- but something to check (again) for sure!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,485 ·
Suggestions on why I get a clicking sound when turning the Ignition on, but NOT trying to start the car.

Starter energizing? Sounds like that part of the car- so Ignition module? Hmmmm....

Sounds like the starter, but car starts fine when I do crank it over.

Also I tested the lockout solenoid connector while waiting on parts and it gets voltage, so I do think that has died.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Suggestions on why I get a clicking sound when turning the Ignition on, but NOT trying to start the car.

Starter energizing? Sounds like that part of the car- so Ignition module? Hmmmm....

Sounds like the starter, but car starts fine when I do crank it over.

Also I tested the lockout solenoid connector while waiting on parts and it gets voltage, so I do think that has died.

Remote start doing the same click? When outside the car and remote starting, I hear a "click" immediately followed by fuel pumps kicking in.

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,487 ·
Yeah it's wierd- but sounds metallic. No issues when the car starts though. Almost makes me think it could be a solenoid or intercooler pump, or the starter solenoid.

·
Registered
197 Posts
not the TB ? sometimes it flaps to zero making a clicking sound as it hits the stopper

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,489 ·
not the TB ? sometimes it flaps to zero making a clicking sound as it hits the stopper
Could be. Nice suggestion

1481 - 1489 of 1489 Posts