Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1441 - 1460 of 1489 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
415 Posts
If pumps are coming on and no fuel pressure, that would likely mean some issue on the suction side of the pump. You are not having luck with that car right now. However one of the issues with highly modding. Takes a while to work out the bugs.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,442 ·
If pumps are coming on and no fuel pressure, that would likely mean some issue on the suction side of the pump. You are not having luck with that car right now. However one of the issues with highly modding. Takes a while to work out the bugs.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'll have to pull the hat and see what's up. I can hear the intank pumps Prime, and I hotwired the Aux pump that had a separate, second in-tank feed... so unlikely to be a pickup problem with both.

I'm guessing the main feed line ruptured or popped off in a freak accident to ruin my weekend?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,443 ·
Tow hook doing work!

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Yeah, I'll have to pull the hat and see what's up. I can hear the intank pumps Prime, and I hotwired the Aux pump that had a separate, second in-tank feed... so unlikely to be a pickup problem with both.

I'm guessing the main feed line ruptured or popped off in a freak accident to ruin my weekend?

You wouldn't be first with that ruptured line.

·
Registered
197 Posts
pumps inlet arnt too close to the bottom of the bucket ? i had mine squish up the strainers on the pumps causing it to loose alot of flow

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,446 ·
pumps inlet arnt too close to the bottom of the bucket ? i had mine squish up the strainers on the pumps causing it to loose alot of flow
I went from 7k in third gear with 48% duty cycle to idling when it died like 15 minutes later.

I'll hopefully pull the pumps today- perhaps the pressure regulator failed or a line split.

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,381 Posts
Damn bro. I hope it’s just a hose. I mean with all that pump and no leaks….it’s got to be pissing in the tank.

Fingers crossed for ya.

Reactions: random84

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,448 ·
So it was just a hose - it popped in the heat after a 7k RPM pull, and it ballooned right where it attaches to the bulkhead fitting in the fuel hat (ie a restriction in the line). It lasted a year and a half but I put in brand new pumps and with the heat I guess it gave out. ALM got me an upgraded (thicker walled) replacement ASAP so that should work.

I am also going to use Vaporworx' Ally slave system to split the load between the OEM FPCM and his controller (ie one per internal pump), and use a second Vaporworx controller to run the Aux pump. The Vaporworx controllers are basically 40+ amp continuous relays themselves, and silly simple to install. So instead of 30+ amps through the FPCM, it will only be ~15A as the Vaporworx controller will handle the 2nd pump entirely (while matching the pulse width signal from the FPCM).

The beauty of this is, all three pumps should be essentially controlled by the OEM FPCM (with the Aux pump only kicking on under boost as that controller will be MAP referenced); but it should be easier to keep a specific rail pressure with the PWM function on all three pumps, moreso when the Aux pump kicks on. The Dsteck controller will become redundant and removed.

I'm going to make a stand-alone review thread if it all works, when I get it done.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
So it was just a hose - it popped in the heat after a 7k RPM pull, and it ballooned right where it attaches to the bulkhead fitting in the fuel hat (ie a restriction in the line). It lasted a year and a half but I put in brand new pumps and with the heat I guess it gave out. ALM got me an upgraded (thicker walled) replacement ASAP so that should work.

I am also going to use Vaporworx' Ally slave system to split the load between the OEM FPCM and his controller (ie one per internal pump), and use a second Vaporworx controller to run the Aux pump. The Vaporworx controllers are basically 40+ amp continuous relays themselves, and silly simple to install. So instead of 30+ amps through the FPCM, it will only be ~15A as the Vaporworx controller will handle the 2nd pump entirely (while matching the pulse width signal from the FPCM).

The beauty of this is, all three pumps should be essentially controlled by the OEM FPCM (with the Aux pump only kicking on under boost as that controller will be MAP referenced); but it should be easier to keep a specific rail pressure with the PWM function on all three pumps, moreso when the Aux pump kicks on. The Dsteck controller will become redundant and removed.

I'm going to make a stand-alone review thread if it all works, when I get it done.
Sort of like my hiccup.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Hopefully that solves your problems and get you back up!

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,451 ·
Problem solved. New, thicker line was a bitch to seat on one fitting but I figured it out.

Car is back up. Will look for the Vaporworx kits next week and then hopefully get some pulls in.

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,381 Posts

That's sounds like a solid plan. I'm interested to see the results. I hope that will help keep fuel pressure stable and maybe with the lower amp draw on the FPCM, maybe the pump being controlled by it will get a little more amperage love for a quicker response.

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,453 ·
Well, I have TWO Vaporworx kits here - one for always on to run the 2nd in-tank pump; and the second will be MAP referenced to turn on the Aux external pump. All three will be pulse-width modulated by the ECM, so I'm hoping this will reduce the drastic line pressure increase when I floor it. :D The new internal line from ALM has held up so far but I admit I hate to get on it unless I am close to home. Will take a while to build my confidence back up. I need to get these bad boys installed...

Also, I got a dual-channel 4k dashcam and rear camera; just installed that and the video front/rear is amazing. It has a GPS chip, so although it won't be a Draggy... I will compare some videos to data logs and see how accurate the MPH is. :D I'll post some photos here when I get some decent video. I also got a dedicated battery for it so it won't run off the main while in parking mode.

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,454 ·
Those Volvo tow hooks... brah.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,217 Posts
Those Volvo tow hooks... brah.

I've not used mine (yet) but suspected it would do just that as it really isn't supported well.
Does anyone have a pic of the "proper" GM one?

Reactions: V_Wagon

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,457 ·
I've not used mine (yet) but suspected it would do just that as it really isn't supported well.
Does anyone have a pic of the "proper" GM one?
I'm lowered so I think it was mostly the angle. Hard for any bolt that long to handle 1500+ pounds up an incline.

Kind of a single use deal though, eh?

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,458 ·
Hey Cunts - I need the forum's support!

We're selling over-priced popcorn to beat our Nemesis for a fundraiser for the Scouts. 73% of this stays local to support Scouting - and I mean "BB gun, fishing, camping, racing" kind of Scouting! My children, Quinton and Claire, both benefit.

Buy some over-priced popcorn today! :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,459 ·
I am installing the Vaporworx controllers now. Stupid easy... I hope this works because it's sooo clean. I'll be doing a stand-alone thread for it as they are the cat's meow IMHO.

And we emotionally crushed our Popcorn nemesis for the halfway point - but its a narrow lead. If any of you appreciate over priced popcorn, use the QR code above within the next 2 weeks. :D

·
Premium Member
4,905 Posts
I am installing the Vaporworx controllers now. Stupid easy... I hope this works because it's sooo clean. I'll be doing a stand-alone thread for it as they are the cat's meow IMHO.

And we emotionally crushed our Popcorn nemesis for the halfway point - but its a narrow lead. If any of you appreciate over priced popcorn, use the QR code above within the next 2 weeks. :D

How about we do it the old way, and simply send you a check.

I am in for purchasing a BB Gun for an underprivileged boy.
Do you think you can find one for me. . ;)

Cheers,
Bruce

1441 - 1460 of 1489 Posts