Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

961 - 980 of 1013 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
One of my favorite things to do is come into this thread and look for two things.......progress with the V.....and a hairy man tip-toeing around a garage like a naked hobbit.

·
Premium Member
15,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #963
Well, body shop has punted the "expected by" date to Friday - for the third week in a row. No one seems too offended by the fact that no one is calling me to tell me these things; only when I call asking if the car is ready does this come out.

Still waiting to see if the wheel has been or will be replaced or not, since the body shop doesn't have it. But it's been a month, so I guess this is when all the "misunderstandings" will reveal themselves. I might have to get a really dark tan and start protesting!

On the bright side, after 4.5 months I expect to get the snout back for my 2.3L blower to sell...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
On the bright side, after 4.5 months I expect to get the snout back for my 2.3L blower to sell...
Well, at least there's that...

·
Premium Member
15,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #965
Well, at least there's that...
Eh, there's more to that story, too but not worth getting into here. I just hope it shows up so I can finally move the second blower after the last guy agreed "no refunds," paid me and then begged for a refund 4 days later.

Body shop says the wheel and tire is "drivable" even though the sidewall of the tire was damaged... so I'm kind of scratching my head on what that means.

This whole year has been a shit-show. I guess I'm just getting salty in my old age. :D

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Eh, there's more to that story, too but not worth getting into here. I just hope it shows up so I can finally move the second blower after the last guy agreed "no refunds," paid me and then begged for a refund 4 days later.

Body shop says the wheel and tire is "drivable" even though the sidewall of the tire was damaged... so I'm kind of scratching my head on what that means.

This whole year has been a shit-show. I guess I'm just getting salty in my old age. :D
No I wouldn't say any of this is you being salty. You definitely have bad luck and are maybe too trusting?
Its safe to assume everyone is going to try to shirk responsibility and try to scam you if possible. It sucks but thats the world we live in.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Its safe to assume everyone is going to try to shirk responsibility and try to scam you if possible. It sucks but thats the world we live in.
Had a tire shop (that I bought the tire from) damage a Sidewall on a tire when putting it back on the rim after doing a nail repair and told me "It won't hurt anything" when I questioned the Manager he told me he could get me a "Good Deal" on a new tire and said I shouldn't drive on the damaged one. Needless to say they replaced the tire at no cost to me...

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Had a TPMS go bad in my V under warranty. Dealership changed it and put a huge whole in the sidewall, changed it, no questions asked.

·
Premium Member
15,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #969
Had a TPMS go bad in my V under warranty. Dealership changed it and put a huge whole in the sidewall, changed it, no questions asked.
I actually have a tire warranty so I can replace the tire at no cost. But we all shared the expectation that the wheel would be risky to repair/ refinish, and the dyno shop owner said he ordered a new one (a month ago).

I'm just not getting updates from anyone so I am trying to politely figure out what the status is. Having the repair shop say its roadworthy just seems odd.

Oh well, not much more to do but wait and see.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
656 Posts
I’d think it is likely the body shop wouldn’t be aware of what the shop owner is doing on the wheel since that wouldn’t fall within the scope of the repair he has been charged with.

Definitely keep requesting updates if that’s the only way you get them but I wouldn’t get too worked up over fear of shortcuts not yet taken.

Maybe ask the shop owner if this Covid stuff is going to impact the wheel replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
I actually have a tire warranty so I can replace the tire at no cost. But we all shared the expectation that the wheel would be risky to repair/ refinish, and the dyno shop owner said he ordered a new one (a month ago).

I'm just not getting updates from anyone so I am trying to politely figure out what the status is. Having the repair shop say its roadworthy just seems odd.

Oh well, not much more to do but wait and see.

Yeah, roadworthy, was not the right word to use! Haha

·
Premium Member
15,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #972
I’d think it is likely the body shop wouldn’t be aware of what the shop owner is doing on the wheel since that wouldn’t fall within the scope of the repair he has been charged with.

Definitely keep requesting updates if that’s the only way you get them but I wouldn’t get too worked up over fear of shortcuts not yet taken.

Maybe ask the shop owner if this Covid stuff is going to impact the wheel replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The dyno owner and repair shop are buddies - dyno owner called in a favor to help expedite the process so they should be well aware of the issues.

My biggest issue is calling for updates and not getting return calls.

·
Registered
306 Posts
You are not getting updates because they are trying to get a few more 1/4 mile runs out of it before it is "done".

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
You need to drop in twice a week.

When I was in the auto body world, all the tight asses did that. It irks the shop but it makes a point.

Nothing like dropping in a week later and nothing’s moved and it’s all dusty lol

Told you early on to make your cuntly stand by showing up Random-ly.

The repair work on your scale is 7-10 days if parts aren’t delayed and priority is given. 3-4 weeks is ‘aw man, I’ve been meaning to work that in.’

·
Premium Member
15,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #976
So my neighbor knows more than me - friends with both, he mentioned it took quite some time to track down a quarter panel since they are discontinued.

And it would be great to stop in twice a week, except the shop is only open 8-5 MF and is a 2 hour round trip for me, with the kids.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
If that’s the truth and with your luck you should buy a couple panels each side.

And the distance bit is unfortunate. That’s too far for comfort for me personally. For just this reason. What motivation does this place have to prioritize you as a customer? Mustang man knows them? Is that enough? People, in my experience, on average believe it’s totally cool to ignore others these days. Even businesses for some reason.

Is the thing seam sealed and primed yet? Painted? Is this Friday even in the realm
of possibility? These are the questions that come to mind.

...or did you just want to bitch?

·
Premium Member
15,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #978
If that’s the truth and with your luck you should buy a couple panels each side.

And the distance bit is unfortunate. That’s too far for comfort for me personally. For just this reason. What motivation does this place have to prioritize you as a customer? Mustang man knows them? Is that enough? People, in my experience, on average believe it’s totally cool to ignore others these days. Even businesses for some reason.

Is the thing seam sealed and primed yet? Painted? Is this Friday even in the realm
of possibility? These are the questions that come to mind.

...or did you just want to bitch?

You're right, I shouldn't say anything if I don't have something nice to say - or at least have a detailed summary of previous conversations to bolster my frustration. ! )

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
I’m gonna back up the recommendation for having one of each side on hand! Haha

Reactions: random84

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Or buy every single one you can get your hands on, and turn a fat profit when guys start calling.

961 - 980 of 1013 Posts