Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

901 - 920 of 943 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
At first glance on my phone I was thinking, that’s an odd photo angle then it slowly sank in. Man, that is a rough day!

I’m more comfortable using an in ground dyno but an unsecured vehicle is dangerous no matter which type of dyno you’re on. Too many videos of cars launching through the shop or doing a rodeo into or onto a spectator, etc.

On the lighter side, the rust issue the wagons had makes the quarter panel repair seem almost like maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess Hub dyno is the answer?
@DSteck

·
Premium Member
14,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #903
View attachment 145765

800 on 93 is great, no matter what dyno. I hope the dyno session was at least free.
I did bust the owners balls - I'm like "let's get this back on the lift ASAP... you charge by the hour."

Owner is a friend of my neighbor actually, and so far has said all the right things: he's going to fix it / pay the costs, and had a flatbed on the way once we got the car down and off the lift. We drove it off and if not for the wheel impact I could have driven it home.

He also knows a 6 location paint and body place (friends with the owner) and is trying to get me some priority status for the repair - ultimately I suspect the upper rear quarter panel will be replaced and the bumper might be, who knows how long that will take to source. I'm going to try to stay in touch to avoid too many shortcuts.

So at least for the shop owner, it seems I found a good dude - which is a blessing all it's own.

Doesnt look as bad in the sunlight. Good news is there is not a lot to replace on that side (no gas tank, etc) and it missed the window.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
645 Posts
That is a great response from the shop owner.

Do they operate the car while it’s on the dyno and you just adjust the tune between runs?

·
Premium Member
14,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #905
I was in the car (passenger seat) when it happened.

·
Registered
645 Posts
That helps keep liability clear then.

I’ve driven my own car on a friends dyno one time and didn’t care for it. I much prefer to let a knowledgeable owner/operate drive the car. It’s probably one of the few things car related that I don’t feel bad letting someone else do haha.

·
Premium Member
17,516 Posts
I'm crying some "former OBM wagon owner" tears for ya. Sad to see this but hell...I lost an engine and had to do a rebuild. That comes with the territory. This just isn't the sort of damage you anticipate.

Thankfully seems no one got hurt and you and the shop are gonna get it sorted out.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #909
Well hey, the good news is I picked up 80 rwhp by changing plugs and using a different dyno. :D

·
Super Moderator
16,920 Posts
Oh “snap”!!!! But seriously that would put a “dent” in anyone’s birthday plans.

“Scrape” it up as too much HP for a worn strap and an opportunity to investigate if your wagon had the coming hip cancer they are known for.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
As soon as it's fixed, it'll be time to do a nasty burnout in your neighbor's driveway. :)

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
HOLY FUCK!

Let me guess, no video!? You could have went viral! Hope all is well with the car!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
HOLY FUCK!

Let me guess, no video!? You could have went viral! Hope all is well with the car!
I can see the youtube headline now:
"1000 hp UNICORN strapped to the DYNO...YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!!"
And then the thumbnail will have big multi colored letters saying "UNICORN GOES FLYING" and "WHAT IS THIS, A PEGASUS?"

I think I watch too many car youtube videos.

·
Premium Member
14,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #916
HOLY FUCK!

Yeah, I was in the car.

I have this AAR video tho.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Damnit! That is hard to look at. Sorry about the damage, but sounds like the shop owner is stepping up to help fix it, which is awesome. Happy....birthday?

·
Super Moderator
20,804 Posts
Sorry to see this happen, happy birthday anyways.

Can the body shop perhaps fix the damn hole in the roof so I can get in line to buy it?

·
Premium Member
14,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #920
Sorry to see this happen, happy birthday anyways.

Can the body shop perhaps fix the damn hole in the roof so I can get in line to buy it?

There is no hole in the roof. Slick top.

901 - 920 of 943 Posts