Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

521 - 540 of 598 Posts

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
Well, working on the tune with Pat - he's turning them around within a few hours typically. It might be tough to get the upper RPM's on this thing dialed in without a dyno... traction is sketch.
Or a dragstrip rental and your shiny new Welds..

·
Premium Member
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #522
I got an alignment- car feels good for what I can do on wet and cold roads.

And now the 2.3L is apparently starting to grumble... sounds like the snout!

Maybe I'll have that Kong sooner than I thought?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #524 (Edited)
Yup - I'm going to pull the lid... this looks like a bearing failure after 85 miles of easy driving... 50 of those on my way to the alignment shop and back in the rain. It literally just started making noise at the alignment shop....

·
Premium Member
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #528
How do I setup a GoFundMe?

I just called Greg Kong - I'm gonna see what Brett says but maybe just a 2650 and a 2.6 pulley and send it...

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Look at you posting up videos like a pro.
That sounds different than when mine went out. I think you sabotaged it to justify getting a Kong.
SSHHHH his wife might be monitoring his posts...

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Damn Jesse, you sure your kid isn’t playing with a toy in the background or something! That sounds horrible.

Even though it’s a pain in the ass, technically, it’s an easy fix. Just more time. I was hoping for a good before and after from this 2300 to the Kong!

·
Premium Member
4,100 Posts
Damn Jesse, you sure your kid isn’t playing with a toy in that background or something! That’s sounds horrible.

Even though it’s a pain in the ass, technically, it’s an easy fix. Just more time. I was hoping for a good before and after from this 2300 to the Kong!
Me too. . .

He has virtually taken everything apart on his car,
sometimes twice, and this is too much for him to handle..LOL

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
How do I setup a GoFundMe?

I just called Greg Kong - I'm gonna see what Brett says but maybe just a 2650 and a 2.6 pulley and send it...

That isn’t normal...wasnt this thing just Ported and rebuilt?! Did jokerz fuck it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #536
That isn’t normal...wasnt this thing just Ported and rebuilt?! Did jokerz fuck it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, Jokerz "went through" the blower and CNC'd the runners. It also was sent to Superchargersonline for a spin test to ensure balance, etc - which it passed.

At this point, I am suspecting the GForce conversion snout bearing / alignment - hopefully it can be fixed. I haven't pulled anything off yet though.

·
Vendor
12,884 Posts
Yup - I'm going to pull the lid... this looks like a bearing failure after 85 miles of easy driving... 50 of those on my way to the alignment shop and back in the rain. It literally just started making noise at the alignment shop....

I had a similar issue with a 2300 conversion snout a few years back. Ended up putting a 1900 back on the car. Today I would put a 2650 on it.

·
Premium Member
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #538 (Edited)
Sounds more and more like a bearing. Rotors look perfect and no metal bits.

Wouldn't it be funny if I pull the snout off and find a plastic isolator in pieces?

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Pull the fuckin snout off and let’s have a gander... haha

That sounds so bad though, I would like to think for the work done on the blower, someone would be backing it up. Not saying it’s anyone’s fault by any means, but you did pay for a “high end” ported blower. It should be treated as such.

521 - 540 of 598 Posts