·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Talked with TSP...working on it. Will find out Monday

·
Premium Member
4,664 Posts
I called them. Talked to "Nick". He didn't think he would be able to help.

Back to look for options to get these rims/tires mounted. Looking like G-Force is the only ones though.
G-Force makes very good products Raymond. . .

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
G-Force makes very good products Raymond. . .
It is looking like they are going to be getting me the latest, but hopefully with a slight discount for the confusion.

Reactions: Rubber Duck

·
Premium Member
4,664 Posts
It is looking like they are going to be getting me the latest, but hopefully with a slight discount for the confusion.
I am going to change your name to the… “The Grinder“… LOL

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I am going to change your name to the… “The Grinder“… LOL
So my conversations with G-Force,

No problem at all, Raymond. We just want to make sure you are getting the correct item. As I was explaining to Vincent; When we build axles for any OEM rear, we have to work within the specs provided by the manufacturer. Although we can make a stronger axle, we are sometimes limited by spline count or just an unfavorable design we have to work with. For the weight and torque of the CTS, I would consider them to be a limited design and we have seen some people hurt the inner stubs (the splined part that goes into the differential) on our previous generation axles. Effective earlier this year, we moved to an "exotic" alloy for the inner stub, after having a handful of test customers beating on them for the last year and a half or so. It is the same design that still works within the factory spec, but a more expensive and more capable material that buys us a little more headroom in the strength department. Going to the more expensive material, we are just passing on the cost to the customers, which equates to $100 per stub ($200 price bump for the complete axle set). Correct part number, pricing, and link to the item below:

Reactions: random84

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Unattainianum is attainable for $200.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Got my G-Force axles in last week...ahead of schedule.

Thinking about, while apart, doing the wheel bearings on all four corners, since I will be doing Goodridge break lines.

I recall seeing that some company was the "Go to" bearing company but can't recall the name enough to do a good search.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Reactions: Unavowed

·
Registered
51 Posts
Got my G-Force axles in last week...ahead of schedule.

Thinking about, while apart, doing the wheel bearings on all four corners, since I will be doing Goodridge break lines.

I recall seeing that some company was the "Go to" bearing company but can't recall the name enough to do a good search.
I've used Timken as a replacement to GM, never had a problem. Just installed 2 new wheel bearings on the front, approx $110 per on Rockauto

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I've used Timken as a replacement to GM, never had a problem. Just installed 2 new wheel bearings on the front, approx $110 per on Rockauto
Thank you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
no worries, good call on doing that while you're doing the axles. I did headers and shortly after had to do motor mounts and then knock sensors. Nothing like doing something three times lol

21 - 38 of 38 Posts