Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to do the axles when I have the 11" wheels put on the coupe with new PS4s.

It seems the 3 options for Axles are factory, DSS, or G-Force....with the 2 later being the only "upgrade" I have found.

Are there other good options?

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Unless you bulletproof the entire drivetrain, the axles work as good 'fuses' as they (stock) are relatively inexpensive and easy to replace. The power will always find the weakest link in the chain.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless you bulletproof the entire drivetrain, the axles work as good 'fuses' as they (stock) are relatively inexpensive and easy to replace. The power will always find the weakest link in the chain.
Seen too many, for my liking, V's at the strip busting axles.

I don't want to fuck with it at the track breaking on me. I'll drive there and back.

Just make sure I have it as close to bulletproof as possible now vs playing catch up.

Reactions: 1sloV2

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
So if you break a driveshaft or blow the diff, you're going home on a flatbed. An axle isn't a big deal to swap at the track. The other stuff is.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had lined up for sometime a new drive shaft. I'm getting new drive shaft from my friends. They supplied to Cal at Cadillac Attack his DS after he broke, got theirs and never looked back.

I'm not worried about the diff as much as the axles. Just going by what I have seen personally.

·
Registered
682 Posts
There's a place I used to use in canada to build custom euro cvs, they blew dss out of the water as far as price goes for the same parts.. I'll have to look back through my records to find the name and see if they're still open. Technical support was top notch as far as measuring instruction etc, and the axles held some serious power.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's a place I used to use in canada to build custom euro cvs, they blew dss out of the water as far as price goes for the same parts.. I'll have to look back through my records to find the name and see if they're still open. Technical support was top notch as far as measuring instruction etc, and the axles held some serious power.
Thanks

·
Registered
682 Posts
A1cvtech is the name... My buddy just ordered another set from them for a big turbo 6 speed corrado. They do rwd stuff as well. Their website blows, I just call the number. Pretty sure they're a little old fashioned with all the internet biz.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A1cvtech is the name... My buddy just ordered another set from them for a big turbo 6 speed corrado. They do rwd stuff as well. Their website blows, I just call the number. Pretty sure they're a little old fashioned with all the internet biz.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
i want to see the rotors for the 11" conversion . thats alot of tire !

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The widened wheels showed up today.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Wow!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I see why you want to beef up your drivetrain. That's a lotta rubber!

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
243 Posts
Stock wheel? Did you use weldcraft?

If that is the stock wheel, what size spacer do you need to run a 1”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Stock wheel? Did you use weldcraft?

If that is the stock wheel, what size spacer do you need to run a 1”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used Weldcraft....because they came recommended.

The spacer, I've been told, is not needed...but there are few who say that I will need one. So stay tuned for the outcome.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
this was one of the best mods i did on my v2 wheels . i widened the stock 9.5 rear to 10.25 , just had to clearance the LCA a little and they fit the 305/35/19 rubber perfect , was an extremely reliable predictable setup .

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
this was one of the best mods i did on my v2 wheels . i widened the stock 9.5 rear to 10.25 , just had to clearance the LCA a little and they fit the 305/35/19 rubber perfect , was an extremely reliable predictable setup .
And I "was told" that the Coupes can handle more that the sedans so we will seel.

I have a local V buddy who is buying my stock Coupe wheels with the PS4 that have 11kish miles on them with no true burn outs on the 295s.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I called them. Talked to "Nick". He didn't think he would be able to help.

Back to look for options to get these rims/tires mounted. Looking like G-Force is the only ones though.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well today I got told the G Force rear axles I had ordered from TSP, being drop shipped from G Force, got canceled because the Revenge axles on the TSP website were discontinued.

Oy vey.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts