Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m tryin to pull the trigger on a ctsv but I’m stuck picking between a couple. There’s some 09-10’s with less than 15k miles that I’ve been looking at but then there’s some 2011-2015s with closer to 30k miles. Wondering if I should go for lower miles in some older models or if i should get one of the newer ones with more miles on it

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
Need pics of the couple.

Nah, scratch that. Just a pic of the female.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Don’t think you can really go wrong with any low mileage v depends on what you want, sedan, coupe, wagon. Coupe and wagon didn’t start til 11.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My rule has always been, go with the best you can afford. There are minor differences between the years depending on the body style you are looking for. I originally wanted a ‘15 coupe for the red stitching and being the last year of the coupe. The prices were insane at the time even for higher miles, ended up with a loaded out ‘13 coupe w/ 80k mi.
It was in my price range and checked all the boxes.
inspect it before you buy it, there are some key areas to check on these cars no matter the year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My rule has always been, go with the best you can afford. There are minor differences between the years depending on the body style you are looking for. I originally wanted a ‘15 coupe for the red stitching and being the last year of the coupe. The prices were insane at the time even for higher miles, ended up with a loaded out ‘13 coupe w/ 80k mi.
It was in my price range and checked all the boxes.
inspect it before you buy it, there are some key areas to check on these cars no matter the year.
What are the key areas? I'm looking at buying my first V (second if you count the old lady) here in a couple months. Just trying to do all my research first.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
You should go based on condition rather than just miles or model year. However I would in general try to get a 2011+

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any recommendations on things to check or have checked when buying out of state/unseen? Had a third party company inspect it, got 100% passing and guy said it was a gem but just looking for any advice I can get

·
Registered
238 Posts
What are the key areas? I'm looking at buying my first V (second if you count the old lady) here in a couple months. Just trying to do all my research first.
Start with the Carfax & maintenance records. Always a good indicator of how well it was kept and if there were any accidents reported or dealer work done.
The most common thing is the SC rattle like a marble is inside it. 10yr/120k mi is the limit to have it repaired under warranty.
The rear ends have a whine sometimes, driving around in a sort of figure 8 at low speeds should make it easy to hear if there isn’t any aftermarket exhaust.
Check for mods too, I usually buy stock but some prefer to buy modded. Light mods like a cold air intake and cat back exhaust seem common on these cars.
Coupes tend to have leaky shocks if not driven much, always check for that if possible.
Those were my big things when I was looking.
There’s more, but I can’t find a good link to those threads currently.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Start with the Carfax & maintenance records. Always a good indicator of how well it was kept and if there were any accidents reported or dealer work done.
The most common thing is the SC rattle like a marble is inside it. 10yr/120k mi is the limit to have it repaired under warranty.
The rear ends have a whine sometimes, driving around in a sort of figure 8 at low speeds should make it easy to hear if there isn’t any aftermarket exhaust.
Check for mods too, I usually buy stock but some prefer to buy modded. Light mods like a cold air intake and cat back exhaust seem common on these cars.
Coupes tend to have leaky shocks if not driven much, always check for that if possible.
Those were my big things when I was looking.
There’s more, but I can’t find a good link to those threads currently.

I asked about the SC Rattle, said it sounded great. It’s 100% stock and it’s got a lot of maintenance records, which I’m finding a lot of the ones available don’t have a lot of activity on them

·
Premium Member
13,315 Posts
I asked about the SC Rattle, said it sounded great. It’s 100% stock and it’s got a lot of maintenance records, which I’m finding a lot of the ones available don’t have a lot of activity on them
few reasons for that, with under 30k miles or even 50k there isn’t a lot of maintenance besides tires,wipers,and oil changes.
the cars came with free scheduled oil changes but some/most choose to do it themselves

so not sure what a lot of maintence records would be on a 15k or 30k mile car?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts