Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, just checking what guys are doing with the oil squirters on a stock stroke with diamond pistons? would bending them so they clear at 4 thousandths be enough, or should the pistons be cut? Rotating assembly was balanced already so checking what options we have? Just reading up on some other motors and it seems to depend on how things wear in and how the pistons expand when hot.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Hey, just checking what guys are doing with the oil squirters on a stock stroke with diamond pistons? would bending them so they clear at 4 thousandths be enough, or should the pistons be cut? Rotating assembly was balanced already so checking what options we have? Just reading up on some other motors and it seems to depend on how things wear in and how the pistons expand when hot.
There was something I read where another member just tweaked/bent there's just enough to clear some aftermarket pistons. If I find it I'll sent it to ya. Again don't remember all the specifics but it was bending oem squirters to work. Excited for you to get it running..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was something I read where another member just tweaked/bent there's just enough to clear some aftermarket pistons. If I find it I'll sent it to ya. Again don't remember all the specifics but it was bending oem squirters to work. Excited for you to get it running..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Next week as long as it all goes as planned. Just going over the finer details and I shouldn't be questioning the shop but of course I head to google and then start over thinking things ;) Im fine with them being adjusted I just want to make sure they are bent enough as things warm up and get moving it doesn't interfere.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

·
Vendor
12,883 Posts
There are a set of Diamond pistons that are pre notched for squirters. If yours are not then you will need to notch the skirt for clearance (to do it right). Otherwise you can delete them and treat the oiling system accordingly.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are a set of Diamond pistons that are pre notched for squirters. If yours are not then you will need to notch the skirt for clearance (to do it right). Otherwise you can delete them and treat the oiling system accordingly.
Thank you, after chatting with my builder today he said its not a problem to notch them so we are going to do that just so I can sleep at night and not worry about one getting nipped off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts