Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
That's great to hear about John's sense of customer service.

Any thoughts on the durability of the turbo system long-term, meaning tens of thousands of miles as far as things loosening up or developing air leaks?
I can’t really speak on the future too much for certain but with the quality of the kit I don’t see why it wouldn’t hold up for quite a long time. Like anything you just have to do proper maintenance and check that everything is tight every so often

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Well justin white came up my way and we tuned the car finished and it made somewhere around 1200-1300 if we had to guess. Car feels amazing in boost and works great. I’ve had a small hiccup with the trans where I think either a slip ring popped out or something so I gotta pull it apart but I’m sure it’s something simple and it’ll be back together

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Small update: turns out my transmission builder didn’t load torque the stator in my pump and it blew out the seal causing it to eat up a few clutch packs. I took it apart and replaced everything and have it almost back together now so we’ll see if my first transmission build is a success or not here soon

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if you damaged a seal when you initially mated the motor and trans and heard that pop. I've done the same thing (damaged oil pump) by forcing a motor and trans together and resulted in a brand new trans getting smoked. Expensive lesson to learn.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts