81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 A6, Thunder Gray
68 Posts
And I thought checking the mail at MY house was satisfying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: robbyredneck

·
Registered
451 Posts
Looks baller! Who did you order the wheels from, and was there a long wait?

·
Registered
421 Posts
How do you like the coilovers? I've been looking into them just not sure on which brand (Hobbs, Viking or Menziere). I don't want it to feel too floaty on the street.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
How do you like the coilovers? I've been looking into them just not sure on which brand (Hobbs, Viking or Menziere). I don't want it to feel too floaty on the street.
Sorry just seen this. Right now I just have the rear coilovers with stock up front and will be buying the fronts here soon. I have the hobbs set tho. I don’t have a ton of time on the car since I’m still slowly tuning it(I’m working a metric fuck ton right now) so I haven’t gotten to really put it to the test but his customer service is top notch

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
My buddy took some badass pics of the car a few weeks ago. So far everything is working awesome. I’m still in the process of tuning everything because I work a ton or it’s raining when I have time. I had one issue where my wastegate broke off of the manifold at the flex and drug my wastegate down the street and ruined it. It was 100% my fault tho because I should have replaced the flex piece with a solid piece of pipe since the flex isn’t built to handle the weight of the wastegate hanging off of it. I contacted Jon over at Huron speed tho and he agreed to pay for a new wastegate for me even tho I technically did not use the kit as intended since I made my own dumps instead of using his downpipes. Jon has been great throughout this build and been super helpful and I’d send anyone his way that wants to turbo their V
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Car
Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Wheel Cloud Tire Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
That's great to hear about John's sense of customer service.

Any thoughts on the durability of the turbo system long-term, meaning tens of thousands of miles as far as things loosening up or developing air leaks?

81 - 100 of 110 Posts