Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Damn bro…..next time just say “All of it”. Lol.

Do you scavenge the other side of the tank?
Lol yeah I got good deals on a lot of it and was a right place right time situation. The prototype that aeromotive designed used all the stock stuff from the passenger side and plumbs it right into the aftermarket setup

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well I got banned for some reason but I’m back so here’s an update. Got most of it all in and mounted up. My exhaust isn’t fitting quite right so when I get the car aligned I’m going to have them make it right. I’m also waiting on aeromotive to send a few more items and the fuel system will be completed and we will almost be ready to start this thing. This Huron kit tucks in nicely too
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
Tire Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate Grille
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper
Automotive fuel system Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
16,819 Posts
If you haven't been banned at least once, you're not really a member.

Congratulations, your application has now been formally approved.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
772 Posts
Got some more done today. Let me tell you it’s a bitch getting the manifold, turbo, wastegate, and downpipe all matched up together by yourself on the car.
Any words of wisdom? Looks like I'll be following suit at some point in the near future

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
If you haven't been banned at least once, you're not really a member.

Congratulations, your application has now been formally approved.

Lol thanks

Any words of wisdom? Looks like I'll be following suit at some point in the near future

Probably just expect to spend more than you think to do it right, don’t be cheap on the parts you use make sure you buy quality stuff, and be patient cuz it’ll test your patience at times

·
Registered
772 Posts
I mean specifically with the Huron kit. I've already got the kit... As far as getting the gates, turbos, etc. installed without an extra set of hands.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I mean specifically with the Huron kit. I've already got the kit... As far as getting the gates, turbos, etc. installed without an extra set of hands.

A second set of hands would make things a lot easier for sure. I did it alone and it wasn’t bad but it wasn’t great either lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I got my fuel rails put on today. I’m still waiting on some stuff from aeromotive so I can run the fuel lines. Throttle body will be here this week. All I think that’s left besides that is some electrical work, running some lines to my wastegates and all, and fluids and she’ll be ready to start
Hood Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Well i got some more stuff put on over the last few days. I’ve been working a lot lately and haven’t had time to work on it. I’m waiting on a few more fuel fittings, some wiring, and my fluids to show up. Once I get that stuff and get my boost solenoids plumbed, the fuel pumps wired up, and my feed and return lines ran we’ll be ready for ignition!
Car Vehicle Gear shift Satellite radio Steering part
Car Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
16,819 Posts
It looks so clean!

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Looks like it came from the factory that way. Nice!

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,395 Posts
Damn, that's clean. Nice job and amazing attention to detail. I like the flipped throttle body.

What helped me was to assemble the whole bank 1 and 2. Put the turbos on the manifolds, slide them in place and use a jack to support the tubo. That way you can have everything held up and then you can get out from under the car to stab a manifold bolt in after aligning a gasket, ect. That method made it easy. Also, putting the turbos on first was 100% necessary for my setup since I could not get to one of the turbine housing bolts with the manifold already installed. I was rocking three bolts for a while.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Damn, that's clean. Nice job and amazing attention to detail. I like the flipped throttle body.

What helped me was to assemble the whole bank 1 and 2. Put the turbos on the manifolds, slide them in place and use a jack to support the tubo. That way you can have everything held up and then you can get out from under the car to stab a manifold bolt in after aligning a gasket, ect. That method made it easy. Also, putting the turbos on first was 100% necessary for my setup since I could not get to one of the turbine housing bolts with the manifold already installed. I was rocking three bolts for a while.
It’s helps being skinny too lol

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,395 Posts
It’s helps being skinny too lol
Bro, you don't have to tell me, I'm 5'11" 160lbs. I can do all the work under the car, LOL.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
He’s saying y’all are skinny

Forget BMI, I thought Americans measured patriotism in preexisting conditions.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts