Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

oCarbon.com | 623.239.1500 | Glendale, AZ | [email protected]| blog | facebook | twitter

Hey Guys,

This is only the second non-Euro forum I'm a member of, so I figured I'd spend a few moments giving a little bit of information about what we do over here at oCarbon. For the last few years we've been manufacturing carbon fiber trim for various high end European cars, mostly Audis, with a few Porsches and BMWs in between.

What we do is take an original part, like the trim for example, and wrap it in real carbon fiber (none of that fake 3M vinyl sticker stuff over here), apply epoxy, sand it smooth, clearcoat it, and buff it to a gloss. We like to use an OEM part to ensure an OEM fit by maintaining all the original tabs and clips. It also keeps the costs manageable by not having a full replacement carbon part.

We focus mainly on interior trim, but have branched out into other parts like b-pillars and mirror caps and things of that nature. If you guys have ideas for parts you'd like to see, feel free to ask me and I'll see what I can do. For now though, I'm going to focus on doing a few sets of interior trim and getting those perfect.

I haven't finalized pricing for the CTS-V trim, but I'm going to make a few sets at a discounted price of $800 while I get final pricing sorted. I'd like to do these sets in a few different fabrics and finishes and get some good installed pictures for my website. I'd expect the price to be $1000-1200 in the future. We don't have any extra CTS-V sets of core trim to wrap yet, so you would have to send us your trim to make the parts. In the future, if we are able to get some extra sets of core trim, we'd be able to make a set for you while you keep your trim if you provide a core deposit.

If you're interested in having a set made, feel free to email me at [email protected] with any questions you've got or to setup an order.

You can also check us out on Facebook as well, and follow all of our custom pieces: http://www.facebook.com/ocarbon

We've already done one CTS-V set for a former Audi customer of mine (which you can check out here) but I figure it would be cool for you guys to see how we make a set of trim from start to finish.

Check out the full writeup in our blog:
CTS-V Carbon Fiber Trim Production - Part 1

That's just the start of the set. I'll get some epoxy on these parts in the next few days and they'll really start to come together. I'll be sure to post future updates in this thread.

Looking forward to making more CTS-V parts!

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
How will the fitment be with the added thickness of the carbon and resin?

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
That shit is hawt!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Do you sell direct or have a dealer network. I'm in either way

111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you sell direct or have a dealer network. I'm in either way
Everything is hand made to order by us in house. This lets our customers pick what fabric and finish they want and it also lets us keep the quality high. There are a lot of low end Chinese carbon fiber parts out there that use the cheapest possible grades of fabric and epoxy that starts to yellow after a few months. Anyone that has seen a cheapo Honda carbon fiber hood knows exactly what I'm talking about.

It takes a little bit longer and we have to wrap an OEM part (which means we can't stock the pieces), but the end result is always worth it.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Everything is hand made to order by us in house. This lets our customers pick what fabric and finish they want and it also lets us keep the quality high. There are a lot of low end Chinese carbon fiber parts out there that use the cheapest possible grades of fabric and epoxy that starts to yellow after a few months. Anyone that has seen a cheapo Honda carbon fiber hood knows exactly what I'm talking about.

It takes a little bit longer and we have to wrap an OEM part (which means we can't stock the pieces), but the end result is always worth it.
Plastics in the steeringwheel could benifit from your work as well

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
I have a spare steering wheel.... :)

Email me at [email protected] and I can get you a quote.

I have a customer right now who is going to have those made, he is trying to have the original plastic pieces sourced and sent to me.

We can pretty much do anything as long as it isn't too complicated. I'm trying to find some B-pillars as well right now to wrap.

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
God that is sweet. I think I got half a chub.

1 - 20 of 305 Posts