Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have issues with their OBDII port on their V2? I had a BAFX reader plugged in for a year and then it quit working. I bought a new reader and still it's not working. The reader's only gets a red light when connected. I even replaced the harness itself and still only getting a red light on the reader. Any idea what could be the issue?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Check the connectors in the OBDII port they are known to push out the back if devices are plugged / unplugged roughly or often.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the port and all the connectors already, still only getting a red light. If there's a red light, I'm assuming the fuse is fine since it is getting power? To make sure, do you know what fuse this is on the 2011 V coupe?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Cig lighter fuse under hood, check pin 16 in the obd for power and 4 and one other for ground I believe... Some scan tools have a battery back and will light up regardless not sure what you're plugging in

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm plugging in a OBD2 scan tool.

The cig lighter charges my phone and I even replaced the fuses to make sure.

I just noticed that all of them lights l blink as I connect that Scan tool to the port. Then only the red light stays on as it's connected all the way. I already replaced the connector and put the new wires into the connector, they all look like they are positioned correctly. And idea what could the deal be?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Can you scan it with another scan tool to see if you get a communication error? Does the check engine light illuminate key on engine off? Also, is your phone connected to that correctly? It would be good to use a conventional scan tool to check to weed out bluetooth issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the suggestion, I went to AutoZone and their reader worked so I plugged this reader into my Buick to verify the reader is good and it worked. When I plugged this back into my V, the Bluetooth was already paired and it started working. You were right, something odd with my Bluetooth in the V where I couldn't add this reader, but it sees it now. Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts